Archived Moab Easter Week 2014

Bart

We may be up for a Monday run, depending on run and time. We're leaving for home sometime on Monday.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Anybody camping ~Thursday through big Saturday? Where are you camping?

I hadn't planned on being able to make it to EJS this year but my schedule has moved around a bit and I'd really like to go.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We may be up for a Monday run, depending on run and time. We're leaving for home sometime on Monday.

A few of us are looking for something on Monday, so let me know what you guys decide.

I assume my JK will be the "least" capable rig (or at least the operator is least interested in it getting damage---I'm a wuss as you all know) of the group. I ran it on Kane Creek and didn't have any issues (other than the bushes in the creek section). Anyone up for Metal Masher or something like that?

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
My plans are.... First weekend Sunday the 13th arrive afternoon sometime and do 2nd half of Fins & Things. Monday will be Steel Bender early, then Strike Ravine so we can watch some Area BFE action after. Then Tuesday we are hitting Cliff Hanger then heading home. Second weekend I'm open for whatever. Just bringin the wife down to experience her first EJS. Will be in late Friday. :)

I'll be there with my buddy Jake Jensen who grew up there. He knows the trails well. I don't want to damage my Jeep and he says I should be good on these trails. I've never done Strike or Cliff Hanger. ;)

Last edited:

SICK99TJ

I assume my JK will be the "least" capable rig (or at least the operator is least interested in it getting damage---I'm a wuss as you all know) of the group. I ran it on Kane Creek and didn't have any issues (other than the bushes in the creek section). Anyone up for Metal Masher or something like that?

I would be up for metal masher! Let me know what gets decided. Thanks

mbryson

Supporting Member
I would be up for metal masher! Let me know what gets decided. Thanks

Just checked and Metal Masher is on RR4W schedule as a 4WD Hardware sponsored trail on Monday. I was hoping to grab a quick Moab Diner breakfast and head out after that? Steelbender is open but I've never ran that before. I'm open to suggestions and if I decide to leave the JK behind, I'll pile in with someone and be a trail bitch :D

http://www.rr4w.com/event-details.cfm?eventid=4

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I'm free monday as well.. steelbender is a good run until you hit the wall...

[video=youtube_share;2KU7Oror6Ew]http://youtu.be/2KU7Oror6Ew[/video]

anyone you know?

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Just checked and Metal Masher is on RR4W schedule as a 4WD Hardware sponsored trail on Monday. I was hoping to grab a quick Moab Diner breakfast and head out after that? Steelbender is open but I've never ran that before. I'm open to suggestions and if I decide to leave the JK behind, I'll pile in with someone and be a trail bitch :D

http://www.rr4w.com/event-details.cfm?eventid=4
I'm running Steelbender twice during Jeep Safari, and Metal Masher once, so I'd rather do something else, but you don't have to plan around me. I was thinking about maybe going out to Area BFE and just playing around, which you could do Marc, as you know there's plenty of bypasses out there. Or maybe even go out Strike Ravine to BFE, I've done that many times and it's a fun way to go. Looking at the trail., Most of the difficult trails are being run by Red Rock, the only other one which isn't Kane Creek, which is another one I wouldn't mind doing. Anyway, just my $.02.

of course there is the bypass route...

[video=youtube_share;JBi-IqILfh8]http://youtu.be/JBi-IqILfh8[/video]
I've been leading Steelbender for years during Jeep Safari, and I hate the "bypass" to Dragon's Tail. I think it's much more dangerous, with a much higher chance of rollover than just going off the drop itself. Besides, I'm not so sure what people are scared of, except for a few scraped bumpers, there's nothing that's going to hurt your Jeep going down that drop.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I've been leading Steelbender for years during Jeep Safari, and I hate the "bypass" to Dragon's Tail. I think it's much more dangerous, with a much higher chance of rollover than just going off the drop itself. Besides, I'm not so sure what people are scared of, except for a few scraped bumpers, there's nothing that's going to hurt your Jeep going down that drop.

the person going down the bypass was one of the tail gunners... if he hadn't done that none of us would have known it was a bypass....

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
The parking lot for Gemini bridges/metal masher does not allow overnight parking right? We have 2 vehicles, and want to leave one at the end of the trail. It would be much easier to park it the night before with our plans.

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
Looks like the second rig I was going to have join me the first weekend is no longer able. So I will be doing Steel Bender with whoever I can find to join me... Anyone?

mbryson

Supporting Member
Anybody camping ~Thursday through big Saturday? Where are you camping?

I hadn't planned on being able to make it to EJS this year but my schedule has moved around a bit and I'd really like to go.

I will be releasing my Pack Creek reservations after Wed. if you'd be interested in that. Tent site. They have showers and such. I don't spend enough time in camp to really know if I like the campground much or not but it's pretty chill when I'm there.

gertsch

I'm running Steelbender twice during Jeep Safari, and Metal Masher once, so I'd rather do something else, but you don't have to plan around me. I was thinking about maybe going out to Area BFE and just playing around, which you could do Marc, as you know there's plenty of bypasses out there. Or maybe even go out Strike Ravine to BFE, I've done that many times and it's a fun way to go. Looking at the trail., Most of the difficult trails are being run by Red Rock, the only other one which isn't Kane Creek, which is another one I wouldn't mind doing. Anyway, just my $.02.

I agree. I took a group on steel bender two years ago on the jp mag run. The ledge is easy with the right spotter. Just ask my friend. It was her first time actually wheeling in Moab and she did the ledge in her tj like it was a speed bump.