Archived Moab Easter Week 2014

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Ok I think I talked to Matt, but missed john. I was in the yellow scrambler in the very back with Marc.

John what were you in?

Bart

I thought you guys all knew each other. John was closer to the front in a silver or white LJ. If you looked inside it had more electronics than the NSA building at the point of the mountain. The run turned out to be the best opening Saturday run ever with some great people and cool rigs.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I thought you guys all knew each other. John was closer to the front in a silver or white LJ. If you looked inside it had more electronics than the NSA building at the point of the mountain. The run turned out to be the best opening Saturday run ever with some great people and cool rigs.

It was a great run! I think the trail crew has a lot to do with a great run. :D

My wife is still getting used to her jeep and everyone was super nice to her and very patient. Which means and helps a lot!

i was playing with my boys quite a bit so i didn't get a chance to talk to too many people. But it was great to have my boys with me!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

Thanks for leading, Bart. You did a great job.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
All - Come out for the BFG event at AreaBFE tomorrow morning! It would be good to wheel with some fellow RME'rs tomorrow.
It is an open to the public event!

Also planning a relaxed drive up hurrah pass later that day if anybody is interested.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I'm just chillin' at the Moab Grill waiting for my breakfast. I'll be running Cliff Hanger today, my first time on that trail.

I ran the dash cam on the way down. Three and a half hours of recording produced 11.6 gigs of video files. Based on that, I can record 9 hours of video on one 32gig memory card--I should have no problem recording each day's entire trail run. Editing that down to something manageable might be another story....

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
It was great having you and your father along and you guys impressed a lot people with the Troopers.

Thanks, it was fun. I was glad to see that the Troopers did well on their first outing on a longer, more technical trail. And it's not hard to impress when every other vehicle on the trail is a JKU. "This is Tim and Susie in the white four door Wrangler." "This is Chris and Christine in the white four door wrangler." And on and on goes the trail introductions. :D

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
And it's not hard to impress when every other vehicle on the trail is a JKU. "This is Tim and Susie in the white four door Wrangler." "This is Chris and Christine in the white four door wrangler." And on and on goes the trail introductions. :D

You would have loved our group on Cliff Hanger today. There were 40 vehicles; 2 XJs, one buggy, one truggy Bronco, and the rest were Wranglers. But here's the kicker: there weren't even a dozen 4drs. It was almost all 2dr Jeeps.

And while I'm mentioning it, we did have one rollover (well, a flop) but it wasn't me. :D

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
You would have loved our group on Cliff Hanger today. There were 40 vehicles; 2 XJs, one buggy, one truggy Bronco, and the rest were Wranglers. But here's the kicker: there weren't even a dozen 4drs. It was almost all 2dr Jeeps.

I have no problem with it, really. I just remember Safari being a good mix of all sorts of vehicles. And that was part of the fun. Oh well. Still a good time.

spencevans

Overlander
Sounds like a good time. I am heading out in the morning with the kids. I still don't know where we will camp but I am sure we will find a place.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Where was the flop?

On the way out, at the stream crossing at the very end. Not at the rock obstacle right above the stream, but the dirt hill at the crossing itself. I didn't see it happen, but I'm still baffled by it--IMO it would be hard to roll there even if you were TRYING to.

All in all, it was an ill-fated and controversial trip with a near mutiny by a group of the participants. When I submit my comment card, I'm goin to enclose a long letter with details and (hopefully) helpful suggestions. I know at least a few other participants are simply going to turn in their cards with a long stream of four-letter words, but that's not going to solve anything.