Moab, Nov 29th-Dec 1st.

xjc

I give up :(
Anyone interested in a little lower dificulty trail like golden spike?

I have a 96 xj with 2.5" of lift and 31's, and a locker in the rear. I am looking for guys who can't do pritchet or upper heldorado but would still like to feel the slick rock under their wheels.

Any one interested.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
there will be a bunch of guys down there that have the same interests as you, XJC, look for a black IFS chev and a s10 Blazer w/SAS, you can run w/them.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I beleive those guys will be at the 8. There will be a YJ with 38's and a purple cage also. Yes, purple.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by sukaB
It it's good weather I'll bring zee Black Wolf no.......
If everyone is bringing there tops and heaters than i can play that came tooo......
I would rather wheel Blacky though.......

Hey,
bring your Black Wolf, but don't let it eat my BlackSheep!!!

i'll probably tow my rig down with the hardtop and doors on, but if I can get someone to help out, I'll pull them and put the bikini and half doors in case of rain.

S

sukaB

Right on.....
I'll bring my custom rain top then........
It get's dirty runnin that thing if it's really gross out.
Fun as hell though...

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
Originally posted by xjc
Anyone interested in a little lower dificulty trail like golden spike?

I have a 96 xj with 2.5" of lift and 31's, and a locker in the rear. I am looking for guys who can't do pritchet or upper heldorado but would still like to feel the slick rock under their wheels.

Any one interested.

XJC
Let's run the spike saturday morning, unless it snows! I am planning on rolling in to moab about 1pm on friday. I'll be at the 6. I think I need to keep this trip fairly easy as my new co-pilot(the one from last weekend) is new to the rockcrawling world. I think I will pick up something easy like fins on Friday afternoon to see how she likes it.

xjc

Sounds good to me, I am still not 100% sure I will be there but I am planning on it. Spike on saturday morning sounds good. If my experience is any indicatior it will take atleast six hours so it would be best to get started at sunrise to make good use of the scanty sunlight.

By the way, Do you know the phone number of the motel you are staying at?

later

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
Anyone else want to run the spike? I would feel much better with a little bigger group mainly because I haven't run the spike before. I've run poision spider and gold bar, but haven't put them all together yet.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I'm staying at the motel 6 as well. I've not run the golden spike, so that sounds like fun. I'm arriving on thursday, so hopefully, some of you will be running a trail on Friday.

you can actually make your reservations for motel 6 online. You'll have to do a search for the site as I don't remember the exact url.

latetr

jd

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by MR.CJ-7
Well let's set it up then. Is there a place at "the 6" that we can meet to do the spike saturday morning say around 8-830 am?

Let me know!

how about just meeting up in the parking lot?? There will be plenty of rigs, but if the people meet near the front door at 8am we should be able to figure it out.

Plus, with a number of us staying at the 6 friday night, it is possible that we'll have already met up to recognize faces.

jd

P.S. I'm trying to get Scott (cool flattie) to join us. He's having the guys at factory tubular work on his anti-wrap bars as we speak!!

jd

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
JD, I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting pics of that Flatty.

'Cause I drool all over my Computer when I see it!! :D

Parker

What's turkey day like w/o a little snowy Moab action. :cool: Looks like there will be a considerable amount of people headin' down to the rocks this year. A group of us are haulin' ass down on Wed. and staying 'til Sunday. I think we're stayin' @ the Big Horn. Would love to finally hook up w/ you Greg and rock some trails... I'll promise to keep the music down in the wee hours of the morning. :D :D

Happy Moab ALL!!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Parker
What's turkey day like w/o a little snowy Moab action. :cool: Looks like there will be a considerable amount of people headin' down to the rocks this year. A group of us are haulin' ass down on Wed. and staying 'til Sunday. I think we're stayin' @ the Big Horn. Would love to finally hook up w/ you Greg and rock some trails... I'll promise to keep the music down in the wee hours of the morning. :D :D

Happy Moab ALL!!

Parker..... well I'll be damned! Hey, my truck isn't going to make it this time, I'm having engine issues! So, you can blast your music as loud and late as you wish! :p

xjc

Which way do we want to run the spike. Last time I went we did it south to north but I don't think its a big deal. I think it might be a little tougher that direction.

Any suggestions?