Moab, Nov 29th-Dec 1st.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
So,
for me, saturday looks like I've got a trail and a group...

what about friday?? SukaB and Jeremy talked about minesweeper and coyote canyon, any others.... I want to run a tough trail, and I think Scott will want a challenge if he can make it down.

As far as my rig...I've run Pritchett and turned around after climbing rocker knocker because of breakage on one of the other rigs in our group. I'm up for trying just about anything, but I'm only running 33s, so that is probably my limiting factor.

lets hear it!!

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
It looks like I may have to back out on the spike. I was chatting with my co-pilot and she was kind of reserved about such a long trail on her first trip, but we'll see.

Is anyone up for something shorter?

Hell's Revenge? Metal Masher?

Possibly Pritchett?(I've never run that one)

xjc

I give up :(
"count on at least 10 hours. no less and probably more because someone always breaks!!"

this comeing from the guy who ran it the same number of times as me and that was with me!:p ;)

probably right though

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
wrong....I ran it in october, not that I finished it due to spring breakage but even the signs at the end of PSM anbd the beginning of the spike say expect 10 hours and that is at the END of PSM heading towards the spike. count on at LEAST 10, dont kid yourself.....

about that co-pilot, put her behind the wheel and let her have some fun, she will be able to endure 10 hours a little better if you keep a well stocked cooler in the back and a receiver hitch style port-o-pot....:) makle sure she is comfortable peeing in the wilderness because I know my wife will do it but no without some coaxing.....she punches hard too. when I make her go in the bushes...:eek: :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I think I've done it in 6, but we hauled ass. If you play around on everything, it can take 10+ hrs easy. Hit the Trail Head early in the day, by 8am and just have a good time.

I think the first time I ran it, we took around 12 hrs!!!

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
Originally posted by spencurai

about that co-pilot, put her behind the wheel and let her have some fun, she will be able to endure 10 hours a little better if you keep a well stocked cooler in the back and a receiver hitch style port-o-pot....:) makle sure she is comfortable peeing in the wilderness because I know my wife will do it but no without some coaxing.....she punches hard too. when I make her go in the bushes...:eek: :D

She's OK with the outdoors and I plan on letting her have quite a bit of wheel time, but she scares pretty easy. I had a very minor slide off in the snow last weekend and that got adrenaline up. So I'm thinking if there were any problems on the trail and we got hung up late it might not make for a happy night--if you follow my thinking here ;)

What about if we ran up gold bar and ran to the crack and back? What kind of time line would that be? I ran gold bar in April and hiked down to double whammy(only one vehicle in my group and I wasn't feeling lucky), but it seemed to be fairly short.

P

pokeyYJ

Rusty Nail is definatly a fun one. Not to long and some good obstacles. Blacksheep if you are worried about only having 33's don't. My friend and I made it through in his Jeep, its a 98 Sahara with a Tera 3" plus 1.5" spacers, and 33's. He just had to get straped over the first big obstacle.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by pokeyYJ
Rusty Nail is definatly a fun one. Not to long and some good obstacles. Blacksheep if you are worried about only having 33's don't. My friend and I made it through in his Jeep, its a 98 Sahara with a Tera 3" plus 1.5" spacers, and 33's. He just had to get straped over the first big obstacle.

I'm not worried about most of the trails out there. I was told by a friend that there are some trails down there that i'd be looking for trouble if I tried them with my puny 33s.

I know the guys like Jeremy and SukaB are gonna hit the hardest stuff they can find. Since I'm trailering down this time, I'd like to go about as hard as I can. If they tell me there is no chance that my rig will make it, or extreme liklihood of breakage/rollover through a trail, I'll find something else to run.

sukaB

Banned
I can care less what I run as long as I'm wheelin.
Any trail will be good...The harder the better though.
I havent had the new one on very much out there yet, so everything will be fun again.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by sukaB
I can care less what I run as long as I'm wheelin.
Any trail will be good...The harder the better though.
I havent had the new one on very much out there yet, so everything will be fun again.

when are you getting down there? and where are you staying?

Its pretty likely I'll be getting down there as early as possible on thursday, although I may be driving down on wednesday night.

jd

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by Greg
I think I've done it in 6, but we hauled ass. If you play around on everything, it can take 10+ hrs easy. Hit the Trail Head early in the day, by 8am and just have a good time.

I think the first time I ran it, we took around 12 hrs!!!

I've done the spike in 6 hrs playing on all the obstacles 2 times, and 8 hrs the third time with a bigger group.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by BlackSheep

I know the guys like Jeremy and SukaB are gonna hit the hardest stuff they can find.

Wow, you guys are starting to make me think my Jeep is cool or something. As long as it ain't Hell's Revenge again or chicken corners, I'm game, but I think Pritchet is a must.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Jeremy

Wow, you guys are starting to make me think my Jeep is cool or something. As long as it ain't Hell's Revenge again or chicken corners, I'm game, but I think Pritchet is a must.

cool is subjective....what I meant was that you guys with the dedicated trail rigs that I don't think are making payments on them still (like I am with mine!!!!)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by BlackSheep

cool is subjective....what I meant was that you guys with the dedicated trail rigs that I don't think are making payments on them still (like I am with mine!!!!)

"Payments" is subjective too. I knocked myself back a few years on my 401-k for those tires, ya know.