Nate's crappy 93 XJ

Nate's crappy 93 XJ "Snowflake/Ice Princess"

Owners Name & City- Nate, West Jordan, UT

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- Stripped-down 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country buggy thingy

Engine- 4.0L, HD motor mounts

Transmission- Aisin Warner 4-Speed auto, gear selection switches, big tranny cooler

T-Case- NP231, stock

Axles - HP Dana 30 front w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Torq-Masters Chromo shafts with JK joints
-Chrysler 8.25 rear w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Riddler diff cover, shaved a bit

Suspension- 3" coils + 2" spacers in the front w/custom 3-link mid-arm, center limit strap, hockey puck bumpstop extensions; stock leaf packs in the rear with additional springs added (7 total) + lift shackles, homebuilt traction bar

Wheels and Tires- 35x12.5r17 Maxxis short course stickies on Raceline Beadlocks

Winch- Guys pulling on a strap usually does it

Favorite Trails- Hell's Revenge, The Maze, Green Day, Nasty Half, Sliplock, Pritchett

Other- Cut in half; power steering cooler; Custom heim steering & tracbar; JCR skid plate; RCI Race cell with Walbro pickups; LED rock lights; Unibody stiffeners; custom boat-sides & bumpers

1-ejs09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it. I was going to cut a hole in the floor and sink the cell to the point that the bottom is flush with the bottom of the "frame" rails but then I realized I don't know how long the jeep will last with this setup... I'm trying not to spend too much time on stuff like this that will just get scrapped when I cut it in half anyways. It's pretty hard to make all of my modifications future-minded... it's pretty much what I think about while I'm trying to fall asleep :rofl:

My bulkhead fitting should arrive today and then I'll have all the stuff I need for the cell. I got normal fuel hose (low-pressure) for between the cell and the factory hard-lines. I'm not sure how big of a concern that is but I can replace it at any point anyways. Besides that, the high-pressure stuff is like $8/ft so it seems worthwhile to use the cheap stuff to see exactly how much I need in the first place. I also need to build a mount for it, I have some angle iron and strap that I will use. Then I'll need to figure out the mounting of the e2000 pump underneath the cell.

After this I need to finish up some more cage work, throw together a new rear bumper and paint a ton of bare steel so I can be ready for Memorial Day at Sand Hollow. I bet only one of those things gets done :rofl:

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Still need to make some straps to hold it down
image.jpg

Return, feed and vent lines through grommets in the floor
image.jpg

Used a piece of angle for mounting the e2000 under the floor. The vent line has a little autozone filter.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Took a second to build pressure but then it started right up. I even field tested it (in the field even) and it works great.

I am still using the factory pre-filter/sock on the pickup tube and the filter between the pump and fuel rail.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Went to StG over Memorial Day weekend. Had a blast, did some trails I've done before and also met new friends and did new trails. I can't wait to get back there.

Nasty Half obstacle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-_SBuh3WDs&sns=em

Few pics of damage after an awesome weekend of wheeling
image.jpg
image.jpg

Drove home through a ridiculous rain storm. It didn't get the jeep very wet inside, luckily.
image.jpg

My Father's Day present arrived early and ruined the surprise!
image.jpg

N-Smooth

Not sure yet. If I don't use them for something else you can have them. I'll probably use the sliders on them but you could still swap the seats to your sliders

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Poly seats were my least favorite part of my old Willys. The padded covers help a tiny bit...but they still really really suck. They are light though, I'll give them that....

N-Smooth

I had them in my old rig and they were fine. I wouldn't have them if it was a comp/race rig but they should be fine for my needs. I just need seats that will work with my harnesses and keep my body in the jeep. The price is also unbeatable, even with the covers it was like $150 for both, shipped.

If I decide I don't like them I will take them out and get some suspension seats, that's just $$$. I've never been in one of the high-dollar seats so I don't know what I'm missing and I'm good with that.

N-Smooth

Decided that the rear seat is pointless so I took it all out. I plan on building storage compartments with a platform for a car seat. I started on a firewall today, just because I want some separation between the passengers and fuel cell.
image.jpg

N-Smooth

I'm planning on driving to Rattlesnake next weekend for the cleanup and trail run. In an effort to make this thing not scream "pull me over!" I decided to add some old mud flaps. I made it so there's only one bolt each to take them off so it's nice and quick. I also decided to butcher my old rear doors and cut them down to the skins and bolt them back on. Hopefully these efforts help cause it is a blast to drive on the roads and I'd rather not tow it to the local trails.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Thanks guys.
Jeff, myself and Mike all made it up with 33's and throttle.

I broke a driver-side ujoint like 50 yards after so it potentially happened on the nest and then just let go on the next obstacle. I'm just glad to have spares and patient friends to hang out with while working on it.