Operation Chuggy Jr is a go!

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Heres what i got done yesterday, I like how I got the D side bar to work, so I tried the P side, didnt work with the glove box, so i made a new one and liked it better than the original D side, so i tore it down and did it again.

the square stock is only for the sound bar, i still need my toons!

With the seats in, and set all the way back, I have 6-10" of head to bar clearance. These pictures are more deceiving than they really are.

1112144363_dscf0525.jpg

Edit: the lower round stock is in there for a spacer for now, the real crossbar is going to be closer to the dash itself.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Badcop said:
Heres what i got done yesterday, I like how I got the D side bar to work, so I tried the P side, didnt work with the glove box, so i made a new one and liked it better than the original D side, so i tore it down and did it again.

With the seats in, and set all the way back, I have 6-10" of head to bar clearance. These pictures are more deceiving than they really are.

1112144363_dscf0525.jpg

Edit: the lower round stock is in there for a spacer for now, the real crossbar is going to be closer to the dash itself.

the front looks like it is on too steep of an angle, and when you roll again the chances are high that it would crush down.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Badcop said:

1112144363_dscf0525.jpg

:eek:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Can you take a side pic for us...? From this angle it just looks wrong, it looks like the front is what the back should look like...

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
Please do...i was lookin at that and it looks like it's shaping up to be a nice cage...

It just looks like it was installed backwards. (I'm sure it is the angle though.)

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Badcop said:
Whats funny Is It took all of about 30sec to pull out take pictures pull back in the garage.....lol

I wish I had a garage. I need to get my project going. Darn snow, DARN COLD WEATHER :mad2:

Bud

'98 ZJ
Badcop said:
its not anymore, i got frustrated with it and rebent the front 2 pillers, and its not done, its a work in progress.
good, I finally just took a good look at that first bar you had in there, and it had to go. This new one looks better but wish you went higher in the front, but you could save it with some fancy tube work in the back. One of Brandon's crawlers (the stainless chassis one) had a long front bar like yours and bent the crap out of on a hard ass role and almost squished his head (too bad, lol, J/K). Had to replace and gusset it.

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I'm just not understanding why you want that steep of an angle on that front. It still looks ass backwards.....

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
[frustrated]Hey im not a damn expert on this[/frustrated]. This is my first cage so, Ill learn as I go, even if it means going to get more pipe.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Bud said:
good, I finally just took a good look at that first bar you had in there, and it had to go. This new one looks better but wish you went higher in the front, but you could save it with some fancy tube work in the back. One of Brandon's crawlers (the stainless chassis one) had a long front bar like yours and bent the crap out of on a hard ass role and almost squished his head (too bad, lol, J/K). Had to replace and gusset it.

I just need your friggin help on this, even if it means dedicating some weekends in your garage first.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Badcop said:
[frustrated]Hey im not a damn expert on this[/frustrated]. This is my first cage so, Ill learn as I go, even if it means going to get more pipe.

Just conform Brian, CONFORM!!! do as the others say! :eek:

:D

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Badcop said:
easy there big fella,,,, you post some pics, you should expect people to pick at what you have done. I peoronally have never seen something like that, me personally don't really care for the look.

But, as James did say... it is yours though.....