Operation Chuggy Jr is a go!

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
I would rather have solutions than, well you know, its been pissing me off from the get though, I havnt gotten one peice the way I like it. So, dont take it as if its you guys in general, Im just all around pissed about it, I wanted to keep the existing XJ frame work, the damned wife wanted this headache upon me.....

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Badcop said:
I would rather have solutions
ok,

If was me, I would run that front bend at about the same height as the front windshield was. It looks like the other two hoops are very high (compared to the seat). Adding more weight up high like that is going to make you top heavy.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Badcop said:
When Im sitting its about 6-8" from my mellon
I think you could get by with 4-6". Is this seat right where you want it? Are you attaching it to the roll bar? If it is where it is going to be, lower both B and C.

IMO....

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Maybe try and set your windshield back on and tack it fo a second. Try and find the natural curve and follow that line.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 53

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Badcop said:
After looking atthat, I can prob get the same result by turning the existing 2 front bars around
You might have a good idea there. If you notice, even in the pic Shawn posted, the b and c pillars are too high.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Well tomorrow then, Ill cut down the B piller since its just sitting inside the old door post down about a 1" at atime till it looks a little lower, flip the top arms around and see what I get out of it.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Badcop said:
I just need your friggin help on this, even if it means dedicating some weekends in your garage first.
I think this post is the smartest thing I've ever seen you post. It's okay to ask for help. The best fabricators I know ask for help sometimes. It's a good way to get a fresh set of eyes on something. Sometimes after you've been working on something for a while, you get stuck in a rut and can't see the changes that need to be made. Believe me, I've been there. I ask for other people's opinions on stuff all the time. Try to take people's criticism and learn from it, even if it is delivered in a ruthless manner. Take a look at a bunch of people's buggies, and look at how the windshield area is constructed, and try to see how you can adapt that idea to your rig. It;ll come out okay if you take your time, and re-do it until it's right.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Hickey said:
You might have a good idea there. If you notice, even in the pic Shawn posted, the b and c pillars are too high.

Take into consideration on that pic that the girl up front is barely over 5 ft and the same with the guy in the back :p

Oh, and I think that I took that shot.

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
Badcop said:
So more like this or steeper?
Hey Buddy!!
just to cheer you up, I like where you chose to mount the center console! I'm sure the "experts" would dissagree but, hey! build it how you want. That is the nice thing about fabbing, anything you design is of your mind! Keep up the good work, AND, get that POS done so we can go beat it up again!! :D

KENNETH !!

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
fattodog said:
I'm sure the "experts" would dissagree but, hey!
Nobody here is claiming to be an expert, we are simply offering visual appeal. It has been said several times in this thead that if that is the look you are after... go for it.

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
Shawn said:
Nobody here is claiming to be an expert, we are simply offering visual appeal. It has been said several times in this thead that if that is the look you are after... go for it.
Totally understand ya Shawn. Badcop just sounds a little down since nothing is going right on this little project. Just tryin to cheer him up. :D KENNETH !!