project bronco script.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
they will get you about 10 degrees more. If you go to a flanged 1410 you can get close to 39 degrees of angle max

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I ran the 1410 HAD out back where the 1350 was not an option because of maximum flex.

This will help, Billavista at its best:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-shaft/index.html
HAD:
http://highangledriveline.com/42cv.html

42_degreecv.jpg
This table shows the measurements for typical u-joints used in off-roading.

U-joint series
Joint width (W) (inches)
Cap diameter (D) (inches)
Maximum Angle
Continuous rating (lb-ft)
Short Duration rating (lb-ft)

blznnp

thanks for that table ryan, ordered a 1410 for my 60 now i need to change the driveline. What vehicles came with 1410's?

mombobuggy

thanks for that table ryan, ordered a 1410 for my 60 now i need to change the driveline. What vehicles came with 1410's?
Some Duece and a half drivelines are 1410 s some are bigger. school bus. lots of 2 ton stuff. Ryder trucks etc. any big truck boneyard should have piles of them. Very budget friendly since getting a driveline shortened is pretty cheap. In applications where yet more angle is needed the 1480 is a good option for the same reasons.

1TonTom

Poser Offroad Bronco
My 01 Superduty 10.5 rear end came with a 1410 usually the drivelines on those trucks are long as hell and would be perfect.

mombobuggy

My 99 F250 also has 1410 series u joints. The drive lines in the buggy started out as F250 slip yokes. New take offs. Just took them to a drive line shop and had them built . He took them and put really heavy d.o.m. on them. more so the front one. With my high pinion axles it is overkill some day the front drive line will be replaced with something lighter. Free H.P. Bubba.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Well I posted the drive shaft I had up for sale and for a little extra I could clearance it...i clearanced it for a guy that for sure wanted it...but backed out. Lol love KSL

Well I clearanced it more then my back and I think it might work for me.
I need to flex it out again for rear shocks and ill see if it has enough stroke and angle to work..but the sag style still has more angle so still want one of those lol

Or hold out for a 1410 setup

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Lifted the rear end off the ground and the CV binds up..

Think ill need that 1410 CV in the back..

If your flexing leaf springs and still binding then I would say don't waste your time/money on the 1350 CV stuff or trying to limit travel.

Think about it, with 44's, V8, 1-tons and the weight of a full body/cage/accessories your gonna want more beef on that little CV-center pivot ball even on a good angle...

and I have all the confidence in the world you will be out on the trail soon enough with a one bad mother of a bronco... give these scout guys a run for their money!!! :D

broncomitch

If your flexing leaf springs and still binding then I would say don't waste your time/money on the 1350 CV stuff or trying to limit travel.

Think about it, with 44's, V8, 1-tons and the weight of a full body/cage/accessories your gonna want more beef on that little CV-center pivot ball even on a good angle...

and I have all the confidence in the world you will be out on the trail soon enough with a one bad mother of a bronco... give these scout guys a run for their money!!! :D

Flexing I should be fine..unloading tho...I'll blow it apart. Lol
i think one of the problems is the sag CV is a lot longer then the spicer,making my already short drive shaft even shorter...and the spicer has more angle in it also..

Ill go 1410's down the road for sure...right now I just want it done!

LT.

Put a limiting strap on the center of the rear diff and call it for now. When funds and time allows then you can do your other drive line. That way you can be out wheeling now instead of "someday". Someday never seems to come around and for the cost of one little limiting strap you could be out now.

If you and your brother don't stop fighting I am gonna have to separate the two of you! Lol.

LT.

broncomitch

Went and got a drive shaft for the front.

Won't even half to clearance it...but will anyway lol

Just going to get another one for the rear and keep the one I made as a spare.