Project Toyota Tacoma Doublecab

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Finally got my dies, well all except one. Got one slider welded up and welded on and got my trans skid plate done but still have to install it.
dimple027.jpg

Slider tacked
dimple010.jpg

Painted
dimple024.jpg

dimple023.jpg

dimple016.jpg

dimple017.jpg

dimple018.jpg

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I ordered the the 79' and newer flip from ruffstuffspecailties and drilled a 3/4" hole. Then I put it in the hole and swung it up into position. The hardest part was that the shock mount was in the way (which would have been quicker to cut it off and weld it back on) so I used pry bars to pry the ubolt open past the mount which bent the ubolt open which took 2 hours to squeeze it enough to fit it in the plate. To do this I ended up welding the C clamp to the ubolt. I also had to lift the truck up to get it past the springs. Here some pics of it primered and ready for some paint.
axle002.jpg

axle010.jpg

axle007.jpg

lewis

Fight Till You Die
When I was putting the bolt in while finishing up tonight I saw that and thought, Did I just tack that and forget to weld it. Turns out it is welded on the inside and I forgot the outside of it. So I still need to finish welding it.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Finally have a driveline!
Gaylons made it up for me and I hope I measured right.
Ended up using a stock rear driveshaft using the stock tube. The yoke is a 1350 and had to change out the stock 1310 yoke on the dana 60 over to the 1350 yoke that I got at six states. Still need to cut off the stock trans mount. Also finished the drivers slider. Almost ready to take her for a test run.
shaft009.jpg

shaft011.jpg

shaft012.jpg

shaft013.jpg

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Thanks!
I got rid of the abs light that is on since I got rid of the sensors that go to the axles. I pulled the abs plug on the passenger firewall and through a jumper wire to ground and it turned the light off with no other side effects.
P1050460.jpg

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Front bumper build begins.
bumper2003.jpg

Also replaced the old yoke on the 14 bolt because it began to leak due to the grooves in it. I should have replaced it when I built it because I ended up having to redo the crush sleeve. This was done becasue I overtightened the new yoke and put too much preload on the pinion bearing. So now I have a new yoke that takes the ubolts instead of the straps. I also got the front bump stops done and will post pics later.
yoke004.jpg

yoke001.jpg