question of wheelin and your better half

Lifelong Jeeper

When I met my wife (blind date) she first saw my Jeep and knew that I had at least one good thing going for me. She has always loved Jeeps and doesn't mind a mild wheelin trip. However she doesn't understand why my POS D35 needs to be replaced and why the 33's need to be bigger, but I can't complain. In her mind my Jeep works great so why replace anything. I can't get her to understand that I want to do bigger trails and not have to worry about breaking anything. I do about one major upgrade per year so we'll see what happens this year. Maybe I'll get the D60 finished.:rolleyes:

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Before we got married, I showed Tanessa a video of me rolling me jeep, then took her to Moab two weeks later. She got out on pretty much anything more than a bump, but she caught the bug and now loves it. She's getting braver at riding the harder stuff, but I still hear "should I be worried?" when we roll up to the bigger stuff. And she's pretty understanding when I need to work on the rig, but it's a battle when I want to do upgrades that involve modifying the body (ex: comp cut). She thinks some things are ugly (tubed out front fenders?!) but I have to remind her that "luckily, you're not on the committee that gets to decide this stuff."

Bart

****. if you could trust a girl as far as you could throw them then maybe one would be worth keeping around.

Lilfe without Dom and Diesel.....what would I do without the soap opera? That presence in my life is enough to reinforce why I haven't given up the things that make me happy so I can have companionship.

Borderline FAY!!!

gripguru

Nate Davidson
My wife understands, but does not participate. The kids will beg for it when they get older and that will be Mom's time to get back her hobbies like scrapbooking and what-not. Right now it is slow for wheeling as I decided to rebuild the jeep and just had kid #3, but 2008 looks to be a good wheelin year. It will be one or two years before the kids are ready to go on all day trips, but it is coming quick. I am always thinking ahead on revamps to the rig, for now the old gas tank is in the back. I kept the rear bench for later and will just have to get a fuel cell. Best interest I ever got from my wife in riding in the jeep was when I asked her if she would like to ride in the Boise Parade if I got the club to do it. She was really excited about that idea.:rofl:

Cody's right Tara my life sucks. Everyday I wake up hoping to die.
Oh, listen to you! I've met your girlfriend, she's amazing! ;) I'm just eagerly aniticipating the day when you've married your wonderful love and Cody meets a firecracker that rocks his world and suddenly it will be a whole different tune. Marriage is amazing when it's to your best friend. It's been 10 years and Chris is still my most favorite person in the world. :chris:

yesterday was our 1 year anniversary :D
That's awesome! Congratulations! :cool:

Dominic

You and Chris are amazing and its rare you find a couple like you. Kelli can be cool but when it comes to wheeling she leaps out of the jeep on ever obstacle and complains constantly. I have an idea you should help train her. Maybe you can teach her to yorkle me like you taught Roxy. Lol

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
ZING!, must have hit too close to home.:rofl:

Oh no. don't get me wrong. I'm not offended or irritated.

I just wanted to make fun of you for using a word that even Bret thought was nerdy years ago when it was floating around.

In fact, if anybody ever used that word around me in person, I'm quite sure I would closed-fist-punch them in the neck out of sheer principle. It would be a safe attack as the offending party would almost certainly see the error in their ways and apologize to me for making me do what they should have done to themselves long ago.

:cody:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
You and Chris are amazing and its rare you find a couple like you. Kelli can be cool but when it comes to wheeling she leaps out of the jeep on ever obstacle and complains constantly. I have an idea you should help train her. Maybe you can teach her to yorkle me like you taught Roxy. Lol

you know, back in June when she was riding with me she didn't jump out of the vehicle. Of course I can't blame her. Any reasonably sane girl that had the opportunity to ride in a vehicle with me would be foolish to try and get out for any reason. You only get so many opportunities to share space with greatness. ;) ;)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
didn't Jeremy come up with FAY?

My girl loves wheeling, although haven't ever camped with her... so we'll see how that'd go.

I was talking about lowering the suspension a little and going to 35"s; to which she told me to not make it small... she likes the 4runner with big tires.

But she does awesome off road, never gets out of the runner to watch or out of fear..

-Jason

ubae

Not an FBI agent
Its been my experence that if your woman is happy in other areas of life, she'll be more than willing to go out for a day of 4 X 4 ing. ;)

Dominic

you know, back in June when she was riding with me she didn't jump out of the vehicle. Of course I can't blame her. Any reasonably sane girl that had the opportunity to ride in a vehicle with me would be foolish to try and get out for any reason. You only get so many opportunities to share space with greatness. ;) ;)

Funny.I actually think that was the begining of her "leapin out the jeep carrer"
As you had her and ashley almost tumbling down a 20 foot ledge, then told them " hey if we would have been and inch to the right we would have rolled. Thanks buddy.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
But there was an inch.....and we didn't roll lol. Tell those girls to put their clothes on while I'm driving so I don't get destracted....oh, wait---did we not tell you that part? lol

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
My wife is ok with it for the most part. She's not anywhere near into as much as I am. Like someone else said, she'll do her own thing while I'm gone. Most of the time Austin is with me anyway...

A good yorkle always make you feel better! :D I just want it to be known that I am one of the biggest chickens I know. If Lemon Joy gets the least bit tippy or the trail gets any bit of difficult, I'm always the first to jump ship. My rationale is that I don't want to get scared and loss the fun of it. On that note, what are her complaints? Does she enjoy any of it?
Of course I can't blame her. Any reasonably sane girl that had the opportunity to ride in a vehicle with me would be foolish to try and get out for any reason. You only get so many opportunities to share space with greatness. ;) ;)
:guilty: I will admit to having fewer qualms about who I ride with when I'm near a hypothermic state...