question of wheelin and your better half

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I guess I have a good one, My wife is very understanding, We do a lot as a family, She humors me when it comes time for parts, But it is give and take...right?

from the good...
1470557793_ba51fd1330.jpg

the bad...
273171766_a1ab670990_o.jpg

and the ugly...
1588644245_7acde9eca2.jpg

She still likes me :)

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
What happened here?!

Lost a bead on the front tire, Would only roll to the left down the hill, Got sideways started winching up and the winch gave way and let loose...

Lucky for me, I want in the rig, I saw a little smoke, Got out to look...and thar she goes :(
1588654779_39646dc7a6_o.jpg

Faired pretty good for 3 1/4 rolls

Dominic

A good yorkle always make you feel better! :D I just want it to be known that I am one of the biggest chickens I know. If Lemon Joy gets the least bit tippy or the trail gets any bit of difficult, I'm always the first to jump ship. My rationale is that I don't want to get scared and loss the fun of it. On that note, what are her complaints? Does she enjoy any of it?

:guilty: I will admit to having fewer qualms about who I ride with when I'm near a hypothermic state...

Yeah she claims that the social appeal is her favorite part. She pretends like she enjoys learning about Jeep parts and I think she likes telling people she knows alot of stuff about the sport. She's usually pretty cool with all of it but taking a girl who owns nothing but High heels (Yes she wears heels on the trail) out on the trail and telling her she is gonna get dusty and dirty is work in and of it's self. She isn't the biggest fan of camping or discomfort of anysort.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My wife loves to go with me. She does all the finances but has set up a "Jeep Fund" for me. It doesn't get a ton of money put in it but enough for me to do most of the stuff I want to do. I even got her to drive out of Moab Rim and drive Kanes Creek last time we were in Moab. I'm starting to drop hints about her getting her own Jeep to play follow the leader with me and she hasn't said no yet (crossing my fingers).

Medsker

Yeah she claims that the social appeal is her favorite part. She pretends like she enjoys learning about Jeep parts and I think she likes telling people she knows alot of stuff about the sport. She's usually pretty cool with all of it but taking a girl who owns nothing but High heels (Yes she wears heels on the trail) out on the trail and telling her she is gonna get dusty and dirty is work in and of it's self. She isn't the biggest fan of camping or discomfort of anysort.

The social part is fun. Maybe you could get her some trendy non-heeled shoes for President's Day weekend and we'll just whoop it up and get her hooked! ;) Something I do, which is really just rationale for more clothes buying, is buying "wheeling" outfits. Still from all my favorite stores, that's just the classification they are given. Then it doesn't matter that they get really dirty and possibly stained, that's what I bought them for! :) How to think like a woman, lesson 1. :greg:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I AM AMAZED that so many people are being honest about this. When I read the title of the post I thought it would be my wife/significant other is better or worse than yours it did not. Kudos to you all.

Now for my story. My wife loves to camp, climb, be outdoors in general. My wife doesn't care what I do with my jeep as long as I stop asking her what I should do. Coils or leafs. 37's or 39's etc... Yesterday she said, take it to a shop and get whatever you want, just do it already and stop talking about it. The funny thing is she is serious and I'm taking her up on it.

Now for those of you who don't have grils who are onboard. Tap into the ultimate power in the universe. Girls use it all the time and we can too. It's called NAGGING and no power is greater.

Seriously though, Give and take. I do things I hate with her, but enjoy them because of the time with my wife aspect. She does things I want because we can be together. We tried the seperate rigs thing on pritchett and it wasn't as awesome as I thought it was going to be. She drove it fine and I didn't really need to spot that much, I just missed her covering her eyes when she thought we were going to roll. Not a marriage lesson just sayin'.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
We tried the seperate rigs thing on pritchett and it wasn't as awesome as I thought it was going to be. She drove it fine and I didn't really need to spot that much, I just missed her covering her eyes when she thought we were going to roll. Not a marriage lesson just sayin'.

Interesting, one of the things I love about wheeling is having my wife along...I love to spend time with her. One of the reasons we have talked about getting separate rigs is that we do a lot of wheeling alone. Last time we were in Moab we ran 17 trails in 7 days alone, we've run the Rubicon alone, not to mention the many times we've gotten home on a Friday night and decide to go on an overnight Fugary trip. We figure it would be much safer to have two rigs along instead of one. That being said, what you say makes sense, if you have two rigs the reason for wheeling of being together would be gone...something I'll have to think about. Maybe I'll just make her drive sometimes because I thought that was really hot :D

Medsker

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Interesting, one of the things I love about wheeling is having my wife along...I love to spend time with her. One of the reasons we have talked about getting separate rigs is that we do a lot of wheeling alone. Last time we were in Moab we ran 17 trails in 7 days alone, we've run the Rubicon alone, not to mention the many times we've gotten home on a Friday night and decide to go on an overnight Fugary trip. We figure it would be much safer to have two rigs along instead of one. That being said, what you say makes sense, if you have two rigs the reason for wheeling of being together would be gone...something I'll have to think about. Maybe I'll just make her drive sometimes because I thought that was really hot :D

Medsker

Your right having 2 rigs is good for safety reasons. From other posts you have done I think you are quite prepared if something did go wrong. That being said it would be an adventure and inconveniece at worst. I too enjoy watching my wife drive, but I think its better when she's pulling the jeep on the trailer better for some reason.

Exalted 4x4

So. U Crew
:DMy wife came with a jeep, a family with a garage full of tools, parts and lots of scouts. I have done more wheeling with them than anybody else and when we go to the inlaws all we talk about is parts and wheeling trips!:D
Her windshield banner says, "if you can read this, dont tell my husband!" Upside down of course.

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just curious on how everyone else's other half react's with the addictive 4wheeling bug?
Not sure yet, I just got her! :hickey:
She has never been wheelin, but she seems quite eager to try anything with me ;)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
mine hated anything other than a dirt road and a mild incline, after one trip to moab, then a trip to the snakes, she made it very clear she did not want to go anymore, then was upset that I stopped inviting her. One of the reasons in a long list contributing to my divorce.
You will be a happier man...I assure you!

toomeymd

SUZUKI ROCKER
Mine actually has the only modified 4x4 in the family right now...tracker on 32's, its her daily driver. She loves wheeling. I'm shopping for another samurai right now, and all she cares about is that she gets to design the graphics for it...and that its tall enough she has to jump in it...she's only 5'2 so thats easy.

JackKeslerCustoms

My wife is from Lithuania and in that language there is no direct translation for 4 wheeling. The first time I took her, her sister and brother-in-law from Chicago to Attica Indiana, to the Badlands Off Road Park. Her B-I-L was on the phone with one of his friends talking in Lithuanian and all of a sudden all three of them burst out laughing. When he tried to translate 4 wheeling, it came out as "take someone out in the woods, kill them, and leave them there". She loves to be outside, tottally doesn't care about wheeling, and after we've had kids has completely lost interest because it represents just another thing I do that leaves her at home to take care of the kids by herself. She does understand how much I love it, and it does seem to get better as the kids get older and can come out on rides with me. If I could take them every trip and leave her home alone.....she will be much happier about it.