Record Snow pack, floods next?

Jesser04

That’s come way up since I wa there yesterday morning metal detecting (one each gold and silver rings and a shit ton of clad).

- DAA
It was taken last night someone posted it on the nextdoor app. I just drove through the park it’s come down and only covering the bike lane part of the road.

DAA

Wow, means that all happened yesterday after I left. There wasn't any water anywhere it wasn't supposed to be yesterday about 11am. There were a whole bunch of folks filling sandbags there though.

- DAA

Thursty

@Thursty How long would the float be from Swasey Beach to the Geyser? Ever done it?
Never done it and anything I gave you would be a total WAG. Our typical float from the museum to geyser takes about 2 hours. All depends on river flow, type of craft and how much paddling you do and also your ability to go through or around the diversion dam. My WAG for normal flow conditions would be ~ 7 hours.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I think we need to do an RME float day. Put in below the diversion dam, and pull out at the geyser. Thats about twice the distance as just from the museum, so 4ish hours?
@Thursty can be our guide.
I'll even throw out Friday July 21st..
I'd buy a big pink unicorn floaty. Aftwr four hours on water I'm not sure you be able to tell whether it was me or the pink unicorn.

Thursty

I should probably clarify. When I say “float” we are still doing a lot of paddling. If all you’re doing is floating in a tube a 2 hour trip turns into…. well, you might want to pack a tent. 😁

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My sister is good friends with one of the homeowners. They started having issues with the house just over a year ago, only a handful of months after it was finished. Cracks in the floor and foundation showed up, the porch separated from the house. Lots of crazy stuff. They stuck it out until Oct or Nov of last year before it was condemned. I can’t even imagine what that was like cause those houses were $$$

I just don’t know why builders think they can just build anywhere but it’s obviously all motivated.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I can't believe that they left all their stuff in the house. Condemned or not, I would have taken my property. It was minimal risk to take it all back in October, now it's all gone..
Her friends didn’t leave their stuff. They moved out long ago. They also stayed completely out of the media for the whole thing. For the neighbors that said they left their stuff in the house, I don’t think that was true. Maybe they’re trying to add “emotional damage” to a lawsuit or something 🤷🏼‍♂️. My mom was saying in one of the interviews they said their photo albums were still in the house so that fits the narrative lol

The_Lobbster

I wonder how much longer Edge is going to exist as a company. I can't think they're gonna survive the bad publicity from this.
Edge builds some absolute trash. I used to work for one of several companies they used for their HVAC. It was pretty crazy seeing how poorly built their stuff is. Lots of houses less than a year old with massive foundation cracks, gaps in framing, etc.