rockreligious rig rebuild(chop/chop)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
... the last picture the rear tire is 4'6" off the ground with my friend Dave standing next to it for reference, hes not exactly tall but is gives you an idea of the travel.

:rofl: That's funny!

It looks good, that will be a very different rig to drive offroad. Should be very capable, how soon do you think it will be done?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
:rofl: That's funny!

It looks good, that will be a very different rig to drive offroad. Should be very capable, how soon do you think it will be done?

thanks guys, Im thinking its going to be a lot different to drive off road, I was hoping to get some seat time in it, and have some time to work the bugs out. I was planning on having it ready for Car show weekend which is two weeks from now, for the last few years we have been going down then instead of Easter, the trails are less crowded during the day, and its fun to watch the hot-rods at night. Ive decided that thats pushing it, I needed a deadline to motivate me to get this thing done, but it has got to a point where I am stressed and starting to cut corners and muck things up, so I have decided to rent a Jeep for that weekend and get my rig done right, My new goal is a few weeks before the Old School comp, hopefully enough time to get some seat time in it.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Ive got a bunch more pix from working in it until midnight the last couple nights, Ill have to post them up tommoro, but Ive mocked up a fuel cell mount and a rear suck down winch mount, trussed out the rear tube chassis, trussed out the pan and upper link mount, charged the front shox with nitro(may have to add oil) getting ready to research more on nitrogen/oil shock set-up. ive plumbed the cell with braided hose and AN fittings all the way to the fuel rail, started on the brakes and they are a rusted mess. Ill try and post pix tommoro.

Bart

Looks awesome. I think you're on the right track to not cut corners. I tore mine apart and put it back together 3 times to go back finish what should have been done the first time. In fact I still need to take the seats back out to put the speakers in. Save yourself time in the long run and do it right.

jeepspeedtj

I made some more progress last weekend, havent posted pix until now cause Im pushing to have this rig mobile for carshow weekend,(two weeks after EJS) and Ive struggled making everything fit, where I want. I now understand the advatages of FULL HYDRO, Ive been running AGR's rockram assist for years and it has worked well, Ive got the superpump, ram, and lower geared box, and didnt want to toss my investment for a full kit, not to mention Im running out of funds, Ive concidered porting an astro box so I could move stuff forward and make more room for my pan-hard, steering arm, and drag, not to mention better approach and wieght distribution, and be able to keep my COG down, right now my rig has ended up taller than I wanted because I originally set my drivetrain lower in my frame than stock and now the harmonic balancer wants to hit on my pan-hard bar. but I decided in the end to use my AGR box for now, and live with it due to finances and time limitations. sorry about the long winded explanation, too much coffee and Dr pepper.

What did you do with your old rock ram setup?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
What did you do with your old rock ram setup?

Im still running it for now, I think Ill likely revisit my front end down the road and go Full Hydro, move the front end forward, and set the suspension down lower, but my drivetrain is still low, so I havent gave up to much COG, When I had it all jacked up with the hoist, my friend and I tried to push it over and it was LOCKED, my days of tipping over may be over.

I will let you know if I decide to sell the rockram stuff down the road.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
yeah do that would be great. So have you picked up your shocks from Hippy?

yep, Ive got them installed and charged up the nitrogen under my buggy, I still need to install the anti-sway, and possible add some oil to the front. Im new to airshox so Im not sure were I need to be with them, time to research.

I also need to pickup this week from hippie my new trentfab clear poly jeep hood, Hippie is going to set up my lockers, 5;13's , 35 spline outers and driveflages, usually I do this myself but Im slow at gears and although I havent had any problems with my set-ups so far, Ive always been a little nervous about them. I also need to also pick up some more wheels and sway-aways air shocks for my friends project.

My Friends at Dax are going down to midstate Jeep with there new diff covers, Truss, DYI beadlock kits, battery boxes and bracket stuff to put on display, Hippie is going to start selling there stuff.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
here is a mount I fabbed up for my fuel cell(above)and Suckdown winch(Below) it will have isolations rubber for the cell to sit in, and straps with a cooler rack above it, and the winch bolts on underneath, My CO2 tank will mount next to the cell.

Attachments

• 100_1542.jpg
    100_1542.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_1551.jpg
    100_1551.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_1543.jpg
    100_1543.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 36

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
reasons for living...and reasons for living with a four seater.

Attachments

• 100_1554.jpg
    100_1554.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_1560.jpg
    100_1560.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_1563.jpg
    100_1563.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 35

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
ride high with nitro, suppose to settle in so I ran it up a little high.

Dax battery box, and my CO2.

Anyone want to chime in on how many inches thier fox's settled in.

Attachments

• 100_1504.jpg
    100_1504.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_1505.jpg
    100_1505.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_1555.jpg
    100_1555.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 49

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I took the buggy for a ride last night about 11pm, no lights, no brakes, no exhaust..Im sure Im really popular with the residents on my street now.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
At the beginning of the thread I posted some pix of the rigs first trail ride, As I was digging around on a friends myspace I found some pix of the last trail ride before I started cutting it up, the pix are in Cedar City.

It is becoming a completely different rig.

Attachments

• l_69ef09e833d7b6f02acc3ddc030ad313.jpg
    l_69ef09e833d7b6f02acc3ddc030ad313.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 45
  • l_a150b7c2ea09af51a71e578bf7e29999.jpg
    l_a150b7c2ea09af51a71e578bf7e29999.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 46
  • l_bdec68aa079b0100efc82dd9396b0ed2.jpg
    l_bdec68aa079b0100efc82dd9396b0ed2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 37

jeepspeedtj

I also need to pickup this week from hippie my new trentfab clear poly jeep hood, Hippie is going to set up my lockers, 5;13's , 35 spline outers and driveflages, usually I do this myself but Im slow at gears and although I havent had any problems with my set-ups so far, Ive always been a little nervous about them. I also need to also pick up some more wheels and sway-aways air shocks for my friends project.

I have been in their at least once a day for the past week.:rofl: When I saw the air shox i thought they must be for you.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Tending sick kids all weekend, so I didnt get anything done on the rig other than ordering some more parts. Anyone know anything about Blackbird custom trucks? I bought my dana60 disc brake conversion from them. cost $380 and after pricing all the parts seperate I figured I wasnt saving anything by gathering it all myself.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
So, I have been getting burned out on this project.. Too many late nights and all weekends without much time doing anything else... so after loading up the buggy on the trailer and dropping it off To Midstate 4x4 for a gear set-up ( I also dropped off all my brake stuff and disc conversion) I decided to head to Moab where I had a Rubi-Rental waiting for me, My friends and family gathered for what I concider the best kind of weekend to re-Motivate me in my build Project. We did fins, Hells Revenge, Poison spider, Golden spike, and after returning the rental we droped in on areaBFE for a final bash fest.. Here is some pix of Upper Helldorado.

First pix of my Brother and his toyota based buggy that he broke the rear output shaft on his tranny(4l60e) where its adapted to his marlin crawl box. carnage happened trying last waterfall without winch assistance.

Attachments

• 100_1653.jpg
    100_1653.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_1756.jpg
    100_1756.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_1759.jpg
    100_1759.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 56

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
My Pops and his waggy based John Deere painted Powder River gate chassis walked Helldorado useing a winch only at the last waterfall with 34" tires.

The tip-over happened when we had three rigs pulling two dead rigs, my dads rig got drug off the ledge trying to make the corner. silly mistakes...

Attachments

• 100_1737.jpg
    100_1737.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_1785.jpg
    100_1785.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 60