rolled jeep...

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Assuming you are referring to registration and donation, I did that this morning. I have been wanting to get involved for some time. Had I done this earlier, I might have had enough sense to avoid this predicament altogether.

:D

You learn fast

:D

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
We are meeting at the gate that goes to the community at the base of the road to the transmitters. I don't know the exact address, but it is Sandhurst Drive, and the GPS coordinates for the gate are 40° 47.331'N 111° 53.550'W. My Jeep is stuck about 5.75 miles up that road. I will get myself up there (even if I have to ride my bike) at 9 am to greet anyone who can make it. I'll be the tall guy in the yellow cap.

Thanks so much for your trouble. I am not sure I can afford to compensate anyone for their time, but I plan on at least paying for your gas, to be sure.

Hopefully we will have another offer with a vehicle that can make that time.

I'll plug those coordinates into my GPS and should be able to find it from those. I'll see you Monday unless I hear something further.

Medsker

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Hey Marc, I wont be doing anything Monday. If you want, we could take my Heep, or I could be an extra vehicle/winch if needed. I'll be out on the scooter till Sunday night, so if ya need me, call my cell. Otherwise, I'll check back in here Sunday night.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
If you only have the two rigs, I finally got mine on the trailer for saturdays fun. If its still running after little moab ... I could be talked into being "sick" monday morning.

I have lots of chain, straps, a nice snatch block, winch and capable rig

I am clueless as to what it really takes to do something like this...hoping to learn lots on Monday, however.

Since Marc came highly recommended as someone who knows about vehicle recovery, I will defer to him as to what we need to have up there.

Marc?

Meat_

Banned
If you only have the two rigs, I finally got mine on the trailer for saturdays fun. If its still running after little moab ... I could be talked into being "sick" monday morning.

I have lots of chain, straps, a nice snatch block, winch and capable rig

I could hold down your passenger seat :ugh:

Medsker

I have a four door Jeep with the doors off and at most will have one riding with me so I have two spots available for ride alongs :cool:

Medsker

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
well, slid into the wedge and bent up my windshield frame a bit, came close to rolling about twice, but my son, jeep and I survived little moab. Rig still on trailer so if you want/need company I’ll call in sick Monday.

I don’t have a gps, can someone give good instructions to the gate?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Maybe someone who knows can check me. But this is the directions according to google from Heber (where you live right?) to the gate.

1. Head north on N Main St/US-40 toward W 100 N
Continue to follow US-40 15.8 mi
2. Take exit 1 on the left to merge onto I-80 W toward Salt Lake 27.9 mi
3. Continue on I-15 N (signs for I-15 N/Ogden) 1.4 mi
4. Take exit 309 for 600 No. E 0.4 mi
5. Merge onto W 600 N 0.7 mi
6. Turn right at Wall St 0.2 mi
7. Turn left at W Zane Ave 0.2 mi
8. Turn left at Columbus St 377 ft
9. Turn right at E Girard Ave 0.3 mi
10. Slight left at E Capitol Blvd 0.3 mi
11. Turn left at Edgecombe Dr 0.3 mi
12. Turn left at E Dorchester Dr 0.2 mi
13. Make a U-turn at Sandhurst Dr 118 ft

THIS LINK should give you the same directions and little camera icons you can click on to show you photos

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Thanks Rusted, the link is perfect ... how do you get from google earth to saving a link like that?

On google earth I poked in the coord of the liberty ... zooming in close, is that hair pin looking trail accurate? is the left side of that hair pin going up a ridge? i.e. your jeep is slide down the hill side on the one side of the ridge, the hair pin drops down the other side?

assuming above is true, about how far is it from where that hair pin just drops off the other side to your jeep?

Is that hair pin so steep/loose that you think a capable rig is going to have trouble going over it?, what about a rig going up the right side of the hair pin?

p.s. med .... I'm assuming the "official" is also going to need a seat?, and the victim?

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I am clueless as to what it really takes to do something like this...hoping to learn lots on Monday, however.

Since Marc came highly recommended as someone who knows about vehicle recovery, I will defer to him as to what we need to have up there.

Marc?

If we get Medsker, Timp and myself (probably in Cody's Jeep?---I didn't get home early enough to get mine inspected today) and possibly BC, I think we're in good shape. We'll need at least two vehicles (three could be handy) with winches and some decent recovery gear.

snatch block
chains
straps
etc.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
my winch line is short (barely makes eagles nest anchor), however I have two 30' straps and about 70' of chain (2 20's, 1 30) and one heavy duty snatch block, plus 2 heavy duty ratchet straps. I carry a bottle jack, but could bring a handyman if someone else can carry it ... don't have a good way to tie it down and have fuel cell in tub

Last edited:

Medsker

If we get Medsker, Timp and myself (probably in Cody's Jeep?---I didn't get home early enough to get mine inspected today) and possibly BC, I think we're in good shape. We'll need at least two vehicles (three could be handy) with winches and some decent recovery gear.

snatch block
chains
straps
etc.

I have a:
winch (8000 lb)
snatch block
Hi-Lift
3 chains (10,15 and 15)
30 ft strap (3 inch)
30 ft strap (2 inch)
Various tree straps and D-rings