Show Us Your PROJECTS!

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
That's pretty cool! Are you going to sell giant pumpkin seeds next year? I may give this a try next season.
Probably not, this pumpkin probably won't get big enough for the seeds to be worth anything.
You should definitely try it, this is my first time and it's a lot of fun (especially since my buddy and I are competing and I'm winning :D), and there's a lot of strategy involved too.
lots of info at http://www.utahpumpkingrowers.com/

You should have set up a camera capable of time-lapse!
There's some really cool time lapse vids on youtube

[video=youtube;CsJOJq2TDKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJOJq2TDKo[/video]

Last edited:

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
temporary_zps19409cee.jpg

51 pounds

temporary_zps837ab05b.jpg

Nate R

It's derby season!
View attachment 93252

Finished. Well, mostly finished. The OCD part of me cannot stand that the paint line (at the top) isn't straight. So, I'll take 30 seconds and even it out. Then, I'll probably never mess with the finish again and beat on it properly. :D

You may have already addressed this, but what's the story with the coupe? A current project or a forgotten project that is looking for a new home? I love the 30-31's

Nate R

It's derby season!
That happens. I will be in the market once I sell my roadster. I'm not giving it away so I may have it a while. :rofl: when I saw it I needed to ask since I have everything to build a Model A with the exception of a body.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
It's doing good... 70 pounds now. 58.5" circumference
The vine has been growing like crazy, I need to spend a few hours and bury all the vines now...

temporary_zpsc9a51481.jpg~original

Last edited:

UFAB

What kind of pumpkin chunkin machine ya got for that monster?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
What kind of pumpkin chunkin machine ya got for that monster?
Forklift? lol

28 days and it's up to 106 pounds.
The pumpkin's growth rate slowed down a bit, probably due to the colder rainy weather. I terminated and buried most of the secondary vines so growth should shift more toward the pumpkin instead of the plant.

temporary_zps222e97f7.jpg

Last edited:

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
It seems like it's basically stopped growing, possibly from all the colder rainy weather :(
I'll measure it again, maybe tomorrow.

airmanwilliams

I just got some pressure switches in today. Tomorrow night and monday I will be trying them out on my sidekick and putting them under my hood for a light under there and also may put one in the door of my tent trailer so when we open the door it lights up a strip that goes around the floor for an entrance light.

Attachments

• 10388577_10154599983880193_3633045025079255263_n.jpg
    10388577_10154599983880193_3633045025079255263_n.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 25

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I just got some pressure switches in today. Tomorrow night and monday I will be trying them out on my sidekick and putting them under my hood for a light under there and also may put one in the door of my tent trailer so when we open the door it lights up a strip that goes around the floor for an entrance light.

I like that idea! I'm not sure I'd call those pressure switches, but door jamb switches.

Lifelong Jeeper

I also got my shifters figured out and installed for my doubler. The twin sticks are for my STaK Replace-a-Case 300, and the third shifter by my ebrake handle is the Behemoth Shorty Strong Box on a cable shifter. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409709335.183626.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409709557.448082.jpg

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Got tired of ratchet strapping my cargo box down in my YJ, or trying to anyway. Just doesn't seem to work offroad and makes it a pain to open.
I wanted the box in a very specific location, so I took some mounting hole measurements and quickly threw together something solid, but removable by using the existing 5 threaded holes in the tub for the rear seat and the seat belts. Two of the bolts holding it down are inside the box, which can be padlocked, so it's sort of secure. The whole thing goes on top of the rubber mat that covers the bed, and the center rear-most bolt will be an eyelet bolt for hooking a strap to for holding the spare tire.

cargoboxmount_zps4021d5b8.jpg

WP_20140902_009_zpsc2c3f680.jpg

WP_20140902_005_zpsbde6e772.jpg

WP_20140902_011_zpsa1eff5da.jpg

WP_20140903_002_zpsb1cea091.jpg

aRR

Finished up this little ditty a few weeks ago. I've been selling collapsible pallet furniture online, surprised at the attention they've received: