Stan Prueitt's new Jeep Project -The Urban Survivors Assault Vehicle/Zombie Hunter

So with the T-Rex in Turbo Snipers capable hands I have been working on my new little Jeep. I have added armor, bumpers, winch and stuff. So here is how it looks so far.
DSCF8116.jpgDSCF8115.jpg

It is all the wrong color though and I have trouble fitting the whole family in it now. The T-rex could seat 6 comfortably, but this can only cram 5 in ther with no room for a snack lunch or a dog.

SOoooooooo I am going to tear it all apart and streatch it a little longer than a CJ8 and paint it Lime Green. I also will put a machine gun ring in the roll cage, add the new bumper/ tire carrier that I am working on, in the rear....and some other do-dads.....;) I will post pictures of our progress.

Last edited:

LT.

I can understand why the officer pulled him over it's the double drive by his home and stop and harrass Stan on his own property about his trailer being liscenced or not is my problem with the dude.

Im sure, but there are bigger fish to fry. Send him home & leave him alone--if you see him again, then maybe a citation.

I understand what y'all are saying. I agree with y'all. He did go too far.

LT.

Bart

Well said LT, and I agree with the other comments too. Especially about following Stan home to harass some more.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Can you guys with Scramblers do me a favor? Measure from the front door hinge to the rear of your jeep, I would like to know how much longer I streatched this TJ in comparison. Thanks.

Got the air compressor in and the air lines all hooked up, hooked
up the wires for the front e-locker, machine gun mount is finished, decals, and
instruments are done.

When I get back from TTC I will have to fabricate
my rear fenders and then go see if I can get it safety inspected for street
legality.

WOOT WOOT!!!
tongue.gif
Almost done!!

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
My Scrambler measures 104-104.5 " from the door hinge to the back of the tub.

Thank you so much, I will measure mine when I get home and compare. When I started this project I thought about starting with a Scrambler but I had two problems with that:

1) Scramblers are sooooo expensive now. I could buy two TJ for the price of one Scrambler.
2) I could not bring my self to cut up a perfectly good Srambler. They are so rare and such an icon.

LT.

I am still just flat amazed at how fast and how well y'all were able to get this jeep done. I know that this was also done while still being a good father, husband, friend, and still working a full time job. Simply amazing that y'all could get all this work done so well and so quickly. Give us some more pictures of the finished product.

LT.

Cascadia

Undecided
Have you seen the 6x6 yj in the Thomas crown affair movie? it looks like it's from the factory? Is that where you got the original idea? Ha.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Have you seen the 6x6 yj in the Thomas crown affair movie? it looks like it's from the factory? Is that where you got the original idea? Ha.

No, never seen the movie I have been in to 6x6's since the 1990's and ever since I built the T-Rex I have wanted to do a smaller version.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
is it just me, or does the back end sit a bit high?? i also agree with the wheel opening, but am eager to see the finished product.

Back end is adjustable due to the air bags. It can go higher or lower.

See you all when I get back from TTC.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Well Alex and I took it out to Top Truck Challenge, not to compete of course, but to use it to get around and to test it out. It worked better than I expected, the rear axles articluated further than I thought and we broke the middle driveshaft CV. I guess I need to put in limiting straps.

Here is the video of the first test drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n1i5B5vcAU&feature=g-upl

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Wow!! It looks like the Master of the 6x6 has come through with yet another one of a kind build that will be eating up trails for a long time after the Zombie Appocolipse epidema sweeps across our known world!! I think my favorite part of this first video was between the 3 min 20 sec mark through 4 min 10 sec. It is in that time when you really see the links and airbags working and stretching! The part I loved the most was at about the 4 min 2 sec mark when the driver's side middle axle droops down and a second or two later the rear bag does the same... 100% AWESOME!! The difference between the twist of the old T-Rex suspension and that section of Junior twisting.... Is the lack of sound! I think you were so used to hearing the T-Rex twisting is that it has noise all the way through the suspension cycle, that you were kind of caught off guard when you didn't hear the suspension cycle, but instead felt it first!
No matter what... I know you and Alex built one heck of a well built 6x6! I can't wait to hit the trails with you and really be able to check her out!!! A+++ Work guys!! :cool:
- Matt

LT.

Stan and Alex did an amazing job! It looks like a professional shop did the work but, this project came together much faster than a professional shop could have done. What is blowing me away is how fast this came together. Especially when I consider that it came together on weekends and was not worked on during the day Monday through Friday. Great job fellas!

LT.