The Budget Buggy - Take Two

Brad J

Yeah hopefully this propane deal isnt a huge deal, and it can be running this week.

Anyone in Utah carry Impco Model L rebuild kits or replacements?

Randy Harkinoff referred me to Commercial Propane (8750 Harrison St, Sandy, UT 84070) several years ago. One of the guys with longer hair seemed to know Propane systems well & got me some parts for my Scout's System.

Coco

Got the buggy running this weekend :D also got most of the wiring tied up and done, still looks terrible under the 'dash', but I cant see how I can make it any cleaner under there! I hope to have the steering on tonight, and can start getting it driveable. Hopefully I can get it out on the trails in a couple weeks.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Got the buggy running this weekend :D also got most of the wiring tied up and done, still looks terrible under the 'dash', but I cant see how I can make it any cleaner under there! I hope to have the steering on tonight, and can start getting it driveable. Hopefully I can get it out on the trails in a couple weeks.

Thread needs proof. :D :D
Congrats man! So close!

sabatoa1

Congrats man you will be on the trail in no time now, getting the rest of the kinks out. I kick myself for not buying that from Greg now, but I am glad to see it actually get finished.

Bart

Too cool and congrats. That's huge. Get it done and let's wheel. I need to take mine out on a shake down run before our trip on Thanksgiving.

Coco

Thanks guys :) I am getting very excited to get it out, and running. Getting very close. Hooked up most of the steering last night, needed some fittings and such, so I ran to the Racing Oreilly Store and got some fittings on my way home. Rest of the steering should be hooked up by tomorrow. Then I can plumb that, get it cycled, etc.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Two things
1) Bowling night over working on the buggy? That's criminal!
2) It looks like you might get it done and avoid a good old fashioned face-kicking. Congrats!

Coco

Awesome Colton!!! This is kind of a big deal!

Thanks man! Yeah it is getting really really close! Hopefully I can take it out very soon.

Two things
1) Bowling night over working on the buggy? That's criminal!
2) It looks like you might get it done and avoid a good old fashioned face-kicking. Congrats!

Yes I would agree with you, but I am on a league, so I needed too :D I played terrible, and probably would have been better off not playing though haha

I forgot about the face kicking!

Coco

Got all the steering on minus the ram bolted on, just getting the throttle and everything hooked up, and adjusting idle so it will run on its own, then I will be hooking up the ram and everything. Stretched goal for the weekend is to get the steering on and plumbed, brakelines on and plumbed, and hopefully drive it out of the shop :)

Coco

Thanks Bart and Greg :D

I am hoping to get a couple test runs on it before WOTR. I shouldnt have any problems getting it done by then for sure.

R

rockdog

We need update pics Colton! We are visual fellers.:).
Did you get your propane issue's solved?