The Budget Buggy - Take Two

Coco

We need update pics Colton! We are visual fellers.:).
Did you get your propane issue's solved?

Haha I will have some more before the weekend is up :D Not much new stuff to see right now, other than a bunch of steering hoses on it :) Propane (at least so far) is fixed. It has only been running about 1 minute total though.

very cool. Congrats

Thanks Steve, it is getting there! I went through your Angelo build thread again the other day, still love and miss that truck!

Last edited:

Coco

Lots to update. Over the weekend I got the driveshafts on, front brakes on and plumbed, and the steering on and plumbed. idled it out of the shop in low/low :D (notice the hand controlling the throttle :busted:)

Last night I got the clutch pedal line on and plumbed, and get a 'hot/break-in lap' :) (yes with no brakes) probably got going around 40 MPH up and down the road by work. Probably didnt make some of the surrounding businesses too happy with the header exhaust, but man was it fun to blast it up the road and back. In my hast I didnt secure my hood, and on the way back the hood flew up and hit the windshield brace bars :rolleyes: :eek: No damage to the hood, got to give Rawlin McGhie of McGhie Offroad Racing major props. He builds a strong hood! If your looking for one, give him a shout! I know I will be going back when I need a replacement. As a result tho, I down shifted to get it slowed down, and released the clutch, to hear the rear 40s howling at me for a moment... Clutch works! ...and well! Thanks Luke! :busted:

Coco

Well a lot has happened since I last updated this thread. I got it together and went and ran the snakes on Black Friday.

(thanks to frieed for taking the pictures!!)

It did really well, and I was really happy with how it did. Being my first actual full build, I was very happy with how it did. I couldnt have asked for a better first run. Couple things I am working on tweaking, but no real major changes.

I brought it back from the trip, and got back to work on finishing it up. I built the rear grill/light support, and on Saturday I got the new rear bumpstop mounts on. Tonight I am hoping to finish up the axle pads, then it will be a lot of painting for me! I got to wire up the gauges, but other than that, it is ready for its next trip! I also want to wrap the exhaust, or build a heat shield/firewall, but that is pretty much it.

I thought about cutting the stinger off, and re-doing it so the lights are not blocked by it, but it puts out enough light it really isnt an issue.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Nice rig CoCo..
I have full resolution (18 Mp) if you want them.

About the stinger, my understanding is they are intended to keep you from flopping onto the top on a downhill line.
Does it stick out far enough to do that? or is there another purpose I'm not aware of?

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Nice rig CoCo..

About the stinger, my understanding is they are intended to keep you from flopping onto the top on a downhill line.
Does it stick out far enough to do that? or is there another purpose I'm not aware of?

Protect the radiator in the event of a roll. Because of the horns it might do just that

Coco

First run feels good I bet!

It feels amazing! As I was cruising up the trail, it finally clicked, that I am driving something I built. That felt awesome!!

Nice rig CoCo..

Thanks bud! If you could PM me those pics, I would love to have them :D

That is pretty much the use of the stinger, it is also to help the radiator in case of a roll, I think it would be OK as it sits, but it is just an added bonus.

Protect the radiator in the event of a roll. Because of the horns it might do just that

Yeah I think it has enough protection, but you never know

Last edited:

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Thanks bud! If you could PM me those pics, I would love to have them :D

That is pretty much the use of the stinger, it is also to help the radiator in case of a roll, I think it would be OK as it sits, but it is just an added bonus.

Yeah I think it has enough protection, but you never know

You should just trade me buggies

I always build radiator support into the chassis and then just add the little stinger for looks... But Im vein like that

plus I never wheel so the risk of smashing a radiator is very slim