The Budget Buggy - Take Two

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Thanks bud! If you could PM me those pics, I would love to have them :D

They are in Canon Raw format. If you want the raw ones I can do that. If you want jpg then let me know which ones and I'll process them for you.

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
Awesome build thread! Surprised I just now came across it, I have been looking into doing a build just like this... Almost everything similar. Love the detail you put into it! Great overall build man.

Last edited:

Coco

Thanks man I appreciate it! It has been fun and challenging at times. Lots of input (good and bad) and sometimes you just have to do it yourself and find out if it will work or not. I couldnt be happier (so far) I need to run it some more, but should be a great rig once I get more of a feel for it, and used to all the sticks and disconnect, etc haha

Coco

This past weekend, it got some color. I got all the tube work painted, and all the panels were wrapped. I also got the bumpstop landing pads made, I will get pics of that later, for now, a paint pic :)

Coco

Thanks Cheston!

Well last night was a late one, but I got in the groove, and just didnt want to stop 'til I got done what I wanted to get done. I got my gauges all hooked up (minus tach), got my grill emblem on, painted the belly of the buggy, and all the links, put the panels on, and a couple stickers. With the panels on, it really brought the whole buggy together. I LOVE the way it turned out :D

Picture of the rear back together with the bumpstops and landing pads:

And the rest :D

Coco

I dig just about everything except the transformer logo. sorry I find it kinda :tara:

Still looks better than your rainbow rig :cody: :D

Looks good, all the painted tube sure brought it all together!

Looks great Colton, the final paint really brought it together... the red looks great!

I hope to build something like this one day.

Man this rig came a long way. Great job Colton!

Looks great Colton! I love the red and black.

Wow! Came together really nice.

WOW, it looks great. Way to stick with it until its finished. Now its time to roll it.:greg:

Thanks guys! It should be fully buttoned up over the weekend. I got to build a firewall/plate to protect my feet from the heat and motor, but other than that, and a couple odds and ends I think it is ready to go. OSRC, IXR, and wheeling :D

Coco

Can I recommend ditching the center limit strap for a winch if your going to compete

For now I am just going to keep the strap, and see how it does with some more drive time. But I havent ruled out the winch either

Dude looks way good! I need to do bumps, center straps, and a rear sway on my truck.

Thanks man! It turned out great I think. I cant wait to get down to W4x4J with it!