The Budget Buggy - Take Two

Coco

Cuz it doesnt look as blinging as the buggy. Is the 14 bolt shaved or going to be?

It is shaved. If I had all the cool equipment you and Cory have, I would consider redoing the truss, but it works haha. I'll throw some stickers there or something.

The offset pumpkin is very common on dedicated competition rock crawlers. One suggestion is to have at least one short side spare, if not more. Looks great Coco.

Thanks Bart!

crosbike

It is shaved. If I had all the cool equipment you and Cory have, I would consider redoing the truss, but it works haha. I'll throw some stickers there or something.
I know you have a tube bender and I just hand cut my 14 bolt truss with a cut off wheel and hole saw :D.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor

You don't even know. Mine and alex's buggy was all cut by hand, minus the last few details on alex's buggy.

I know you have a tube bender and I just hand cut my 14 bolt truss with a cut off wheel and hole saw :D.

We know.:ugh:

Looks good Colten. I like your tubbery lines you gots goings.

Coco

You don't even know. Mine and alex's buggy was all cut by hand, minus the last few details on alex's buggy.

Looks good Colten. I like your tubbery lines you gots goings.

All hail the king fab. nothings ever ghetto

Haha heyyy, mine was as well! Grinder, chop saw, sawzall, FTW! Thanks man, I redided a couple of pieces of tube in the front of the chassis as well, that really made it look better. I cant post pics right meow though, my phone's camera is being stupid.

Nice job de-uglifying the hendrix chassis.
It looks rad now.

Thanks man, I am really liking how it is turning out. I liked the old back end, but looking back, I wish I would have dovetailed it since I cut it all off anyway.

Coco

Been busy getting things together. Last Friday I got most of my passenger side firewall done. I got one more piece to make and attach. Got the trans tunnel done earlier, but dont think I ever made a post about it. The shifter is mounted, but I still need to wire it to the trans. I wont be able to do that until it is on its own weight to see what gears are what with a power probe. Saturday I got the rear links made, and get the rear altogether. I got the driveline from Gaylons in Lehi, but after it was all in, and due to the offset rear diff, the yokes needed clearancing. Long story short, I needed to put flex joints on both ends to clear everything (still hoping the axle side will clear the bolts on the yoke) I just got the driveline back from Gaylon to get it shortened up a bit. On Monday I got the rear suck down winch mounted on the axle, a mount made for the hook, and got the rear floor cut out and welded in place.

I got the housing from Ryan and hopefully I will be getting the front suspension figured out this weekend, then I can get the housing back to Ryan to get it finished up, while I finish getting the subframe built and everything else.

One other thing I did is I re-located my propane mixer to the top of the motor. I am hoping that will help pep up the motor as well with a lot less hose for the fuel to travel through before getting to the motor. I took the heater core lines off, and cut and narrowed them up to hit the mixer in its new location.

Roger

Who did you have tube the front axle? Could you give me his info? I'm looking to re tube my high pinion 60

Coco

Nice work Colton, it's neat to see this coming back together!

Looking good!

Thanks guys! I will be really excited when its done, so I can get out and play again! It's been what feels like forever since I wheeled lol.

Who did you have tube the front axle? Could you give me his info? I'm looking to re tube my high pinion 60

Agility Customs in Sandy right off 9000 S. is who is doing mine. Skippy on here for an RME reference :) The housing was a bare housing/cut-to-length type deal.

Coco

Skippy does good work!

When's the next run in this thing?

I was shooting for this weekend actually, but that clearly isnt going to happen. Hopefully sometime next month. I wasn't planning on going to EJS, but if it is done in time, I just might have to make the trip.