the MAN sized crawler hauler build thread

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Are you stretching the wheelbase at all, or just the bed? How much is that monster rated for as far as bed weight is concerned? Looks like an awesome build for sure!

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
WA did that to me on the motorhome I just bought. Even though I paid X price, they said it was worth nearly 3 times more. The only way they would lower that price is if I had lots of things wrong with it to devalue it. Even though I could show them receipts, signed documents, etc. for what I actually paid.

It definately is BS....Dang gubberment...

oldbluechevy78

Knee surgery is a bummer, i have had two in the last year, and to top it off i got laid off from my job right after i recovered form my second surgery, crappy year........

Congrats on the baby though that will be fun...

cool truck to, i like it as a tow rig

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
If I wasn't finishing this stinking divorce proceedings, and that combined with my second spinal surgery coming up in January..... I would completely come up there and help you out by doing the bed work for you!!!!! I could do that and have it done quick, fast, and in a hurry too!!!!
Congrats on the new wheeler to indoctrinate into the family!!! He will be welcomed into the group with lovingly open arms!!!!! I'm so happy for you and Char! Welcome to the wonderful world of Hardcore wheelin Jonah!!!!

Merry Christmas to all....
and to all a good night!!!!!!!
:eek:
- Matt

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
small update.

I bought some steel off of KSL. Guy bought a bunch of metal to build a trailer then decided not to. Got a pretty good deal!

6" Channel and 2.5x2.5 angle.

I started cutting some stuff up last night. Im excited to get going on this. I think its going to work pretty good.

The only other metal I should need is some smaller channel to make some ramps. If anyone has some let me know.

ChestonScout

I probably could but......

Im going to leave the dovetail sort of high to try to eliminate dragging it all the time.

Ramps will just be easier. They are only going to be like 4 feet or so

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Ramps

Have I got a deal for you Cheston - I think there's a pair of heavy duty ramps that came with the property. I'll run out and check to see if I'm dreaming or they actually exist, and measure them if they are there. Free - if I have them.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Found 'em

Ramps are 6' X 22". Outside frame made from 2" X 1" X 0.125" square tube. Rungs made from 1" X 1" X ? square tube on 8" centers. Tops have bent clips to hold onto trailer, etc. Pretty heavy duty, might hold up to the Scout's weight.

ChestonScout

I still have your number. I guess if you havent heard from me and make a trip down, plan on bringing them. If I get the extension built and Im ready for them, I will come get them.

I have my knee surgery on Jan 7 so Im hoping to get this done for the most part before then. I might just have to make a trip up.

Thanks again!

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Phone no.

I've lost your phone no. I'll send you a personal message to get it. No plans to go to Ogden or SLC in the near future. You're always welcome to pop over for a visit if you want.

Johnny4X4

reminds me a little of the converted school busses i have seen in moab.

the coolest one had added some diesel type airbags out back and could lower the hight of the rear about 15 inches so as not to have such a sharp breakover angle between the ramps and the bed.