the MAN sized crawler hauler build thread

Bart

WOW, that looks great Cheston. Love it. Glad to hear the surgery went well and good luck on the recovery.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
No rehab yet. I go back to the doc on Wednesday to get stitches and stapels out. I will start physical therapy after that. Im WAY excited psyche

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
It's all good Brother..... You can do it!!! Just think of all of those beautiful sandstone fins of Moab... and driving over them!! Then think about climbing into the Scout and driving Hell's Revenge! A nice relaxing trail with no real extreme difficulty.... but then you get out to Hot Tub and you just give it HECK!!!! You pull into it and you just open up that 460 and it simply roars to live and spins those 47" Growlers to the point of being Molten superglue and sticking to the rocks and you just fly right out of that tub!!!!! You turn to the crowd and say to the cameraman (that is me!) Where is the obstacle???)
Keep all of the good times we will have in mind...... it is all about the mental game when you go through the stinking Pain and Torture.....errrr I mean, Physical Therapy!!!! You can do it brother!!!!!!
And if you need an out and someone to talk wheeling with...... My phone is turned on!!! I am always there for you guys... or if Jonah needs some fourwheeling inspirational talk..... I am there for him too!!!!!!
Basically I am you man!!!

You can do it brother!!!!!!!!!! BE STRONG, I'M PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!
- MATT KLOUZEK

ChestonScout

Thanks everyone!

Well thanks to JoeT.....I was able to go out and work on the hauler for a few hours yesterday. I got the holes cut in the bumper for my tail lights and the holes in the side for the rear side marker lights!

I didnt get any pics but I will try to snap one tomorrow. I think it looks pretty sweet! Almost professional looking.....ha ha ha

It wont be long now!!

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
timmypost.gif

Chevycrew

Probably a little late to mention this...

I used the oval LED lights on my trailer, they are surface mount and only about 5/8" thick. It changes cutting the big hole, to drilling a 1/2" hole...

ChestonScout

Probably a little late to mention this...

I used the oval LED lights on my trailer, they are surface mount and only about 5/8" thick. It changes cutting the big hole, to drilling a 1/2" hole...

This probably would have been a lot better way to go but your right....to late now :greg:

ChestonScout

Well.....

knee is starting to do a little better. Im working on getting rid of the crutches. Walking is awkward at best but it feels good to move around on my own.

Im hoping to be able to get some work done on the hauler this saturday. I cant wait! Its been to long

ChestonScout

I need to get the receiver hitch installed and supported, wire the lights, lots of welding left to do. I also think Im going to build some ramps. The set that Russ gave me need some reinforcement and I cant decide if it will be easier to build new or try to fix these.
Im thinking I might put some reverse lights on the bumper as well. And of course paint. So theres not tons left to do but with me being gimped it slows everything down.

I actually went out and worked on it a little yesterday. I put on some brackets for the license plate and started tinkering with the wiring a little. Mitch pulled the broken stoarage box off the side and started installing the good one he got me. Its a little smaller but SO nice!

There is a bunch of stuff I want to do to it that isnt neccesary for function to. The wheels need a new coat of paint. The headlights SUCK so I want to install a good set of fog lights. I still need to get it into a shop to have the check engine light checked out. Just misc. stuff like that. I cant wait to have it all done, loaded up, and heading to Moab!!!

Bart

Glad to hear you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck and hope you feel better soon. It's going to be a sweet rig.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
If you don't have the MIL figured out before I see you in Moab, I can scan it and see what the code means. Sorry, best I can do from here :(

ChestonScout

My brother is working at Penske. His boss offered to check it on a saturday. I just need to get it legal (tail lights and license plate) so I can drive it down to SLC. Hopefully next saturday that will be the goal.

If not tho.....I will hit you up Wayne! Thanks!

Chevycrew

There is a nice LED plate light setup at autozone. Its bright!

Im a huge fan of LEDs, I did everything on my trailer that way.

ChestonScout

I went with conventional lights for 2 reasons. First...money. Not being able to work for going on 2 months is starting to catch up. Second....LEDs require a special type flasher for your blinkers to work. Normal flashers need resistance from the light to work that the LEDs dont provide and Im to lazy to mess with flashers.

I will go check out the plate light tho. I bought one from Walmart but Im not happy with how it looks.