the MAN sized crawler hauler build thread

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
I went with conventional lights for 2 reasons. First...money. Not being able to work for going on 2 months is starting to catch up. Second....LEDs require a special type flasher for your blinkers to work. Normal flashers need resistance from the light to work that the LEDs dont provide and Im to lazy to mess with flashers.

I will go check out the plate light tho. I bought one from Walmart but Im not happy with how it looks.
then how do the one's on the scout work?

(keep in mind when they didnt work nothing at all worked,lol) :p

i think those flashers are just a way to get a few more bucks out of ya.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
thats the thing.......the flashers have never worked since we put the LEDs in the Scout. We have had tail lights and occasionally brake lights but no flashers

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
My brother is working at Penske. His boss offered to check it on a saturday. I just need to get it legal (tail lights and license plate) so I can drive it down to SLC. Hopefully next saturday that will be the goal.

If not tho.....I will hit you up Wayne! Thanks!

Worst case we'll go wheelin' :D

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
thats the thing.......the flashers have never worked since we put the LEDs in the Scout. We have had tail lights and occasionally brake lights but no flashers
ya they have.

your wiring is just so messed up it even flashes the head lights. but i have seen them flah. even when i was driving behind ya from peachday's they worked.

same with jeeps,when they slap on the led tail lights they work just fine with stock flashers.

just today i put a set of led's on a truck and he had the old bulb style lights before, worked just fine.

not saying it's a complete wast of money or anything...i just dont think you need it.

Chevycrew

You can buy the resistors at checker to slow down the blink as well. My toyota has all led lights and works fine. I just have tweeker blinkers (fast flash!)

ChestonScout

Well I have finally got this thing usable.

Sorry I havent done as many updates and pics as I would have liked. With my knee I worked on it a hour here and a hour there and just kind of forgot about pics.

I snapped a couple today as I was moving vehicles around.

Oh!

Also, I loaded up the Scout a couple weeks ago and drove it around for awhile. It felt fine to me. In fact I can barely tell a difference with the Scout up there. Just a little smoother ride :smokin: I hopped on the freeway and hit 65 pretty easy. I really have no desires to drive the thing faster than that so I was happy.

I will get some better, more detailed pics in a day or two
JonahbabyPicturesByAllie002.jpg

JonahbabyPicturesByAllie003.jpg

JonahbabyPicturesByAllie001.jpg

JonahbabyPicturesByAllie004.jpg

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Looks good!! I really like it Cheston! I mean....... errrrr...... ummmmm..... it looks ok, for a Ford. I mean, I am a Dodge guy through and through, but I have to admit; I would not be ashamed to load up my truck on the back of this ManSized Crawler-Hauler!!! Hope I can get a chance to see it in person down in Moab in a few weeks! ;)
Good Work Brother!!!
- Matt

ChestonScout

ready to go to moab!

Wulp....the Crawler Haulers first trip is almost upon us.

I got all loaded up and ready to go tonight. All we have to do is throw our suitcases in the tent trailer and we are off to MOAB!!!

I decided to drive her around a bunch tonight before I put the wife and baby in it. I really cant feel the Scout up there. The only real difference I feel driving is it is a smoother ride when loaded.....oh.....and the power difference.

I stopped by the truck scales and the whole package weighs in at 21,300 pounds. I have it registered and insured for 26k so Im pretty safe. If I would have had more time I would have liked to unload the Scout and see what its doing to the weight ratio front to back but I really think its ok.

65 is about as fast as I will ever go with it. I think it would do 70 on the flats no problem but I dont think I will risk it.

Anyway....here is everything all loaded!!

Attachments

• 0329101845-00.jpg
    0329101845-00.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 150