The Snowshoeing Thread

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Fantastic night out snowshoeing under the moonlight! There was plenty of fresh snow to play in. Thanks again, Steve, Davy, Troy, and families!

It was great to finally meet you.

There was a lot more snow than I thought there would be. The kids had a great time.

sixstringsteve

Good times.

2014010995175001.jpg

2014010995175051.jpg

sixstringsteve

Yes, we could have. We'll try that next time. It will probably only add another .25 miles to the hike.

Last edited:

ozzy702

Really wish I could have joined everyone. Looks like a perfect night. On the plus side my wife is a machine and gave birth to an 8lbs 13oz baby girl in two hours flat after the very first contraction. Pretty sure she's tougher than me in every way possible. She didn't even seem to get winded or break a sweat, no big deal. I look more exhausted after climbing a flight of stairs.

Here's to 2014 and outdoors adventures! Hoping I can be a part of many with you guys.

I can't make it out hiking with Steve tonight, but I do think I've convinced my 13 year old to do a little snowshoeing tomorrow. Probably head up South Willow Canyon in the AM.

FYI: Liberty Mountain is having a snow shoe sale at their warehouse outlet in Sandy. 40% off one pair, 50% off two of any kind. Retail starts at 139.95. This is where I bought mine on a deal a while back. I am not experienced enough to comment on the quality or value.

Ended up going up North Willow Canyon yesterday. There really wasn't enough snow to use snowshoes, so we just hiked around and explored up along the river. Good to get out, but can't wait for next weekend's storm.

IMG_2875.jpg

Here is a pretty grim view of the inversion from the Stansbury benches looking East at the Oquirrhs. Looks like the inversion is clouded up to about 8000 feet with just the tops of the Oquirrhs peaking out the top. Yuk!

IMG_2881.jpg

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

If it actually snows a good amount, then I'm in. I'm still wanting to do that overnighter at Mud Flatts up AF Canyon someday.