THE VOLVO...Ugly semi truck crawler hauler build thread

Chevycrew

Good choice on the lights! I have the same ones on my trailer, they are very bright.

I am going to really have to kick it high gear to buy a truck and have it finished by Moab. Thanks for the motivation!

chevymog

The Reaper
Looks great man. I have been looking at your pics and i'm going to copy your work on my trailer. I wasnt sure about how i was going to do it but now you have shown me the way. Thanks for the help. lol

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I dont know any of that right now. lol

I will bust out the tape measure next time out. As for weight...I dont even have a guess. The bed is gonna be stupid heavy. Its all 1/4" tread plate.

ChestonScout

HA! Exactly!

When I pulled the Scout up on the bed before I started the dovetail it seemed to smash the springs down about 1.5" for ride height. I think this bed loaded down with a big turd Scout will ride ok

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
I have an old school 36-inch semi sleeper cab that I thought would be perfect for your new hauler, but I see it already has an extended cab and absolutely no extra room to install it. That rig is looking really awesome. I'll probably get startled all over again if I pull up behind you in the dark. :D

ChestonScout

I have an old school 36-inch semi sleeper cab that I thought would be perfect for your new hauler, but I see it already has an extended cab and absolutely no extra room to install it. That rig is looking really awesome. I'll probably get startled all over again if I pull up behind you in the dark. :D

hehehe. That seems like it was just yesterday.

Ya....this one has enough sleeper for me. I found a 76 Kenworth that I wished I would have waiting for. Its a loooooong wheelbase and doesnt have a sleeper now. Just a dang good looking truck. Im half tempted to put this one up for sale and see if I can get the Kenworth. lol.
It wont happen....but if it did, I would take that sleeper off your hands!