THE VOLVO...Ugly semi truck crawler hauler build thread

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Not a whole lot to update. Been raining like crazy and Ive had plenty of work.

Brought some 6" pipe home for a start to the stacks

And my super fancy....never been used Y pipe showed up as well. Thanks again Poorboy1!!

My next matter of business is getting the Scout loaded on the back to see how much room I will have between the front tires and the cab. Then some sort of headache rack/bang board will go in

ChestonScout

Ive been itchin to work on the truck. Had good intentions but today was mostly a bust.

Ended up helping a neighbor who has back problems replace a burst water line on his home. Got that wrapped up and my Mom called and was having brake issues on her mini van. Bad caliper.

So after all of that I had about 4 hours to play.

I threw some ramps together and welded some 1" solid bar on the back for ramp attachment and loaded the pig up for a test fit.

I tried to get a few more pics but they didnt turn out well. I left it loaded so I will get a few more tomorrow.

I am completely dumbfounded at how stupid massive this whole setup is.

ChestonScout

ok...heres a couple more

The Scout will obviously have to sit a couple inches farther back but I plan on pulling it right up against the bang board I will build.

The thing didnt get any smaller in the daylight.

ChestonScout

thats the plan. Just need to save some money to buy one

Id like to get a toy hauler so I can haul the dirtbike around as well. They want crazy money for lame campers with back doors. Im probably gonna buy a normal camper and build a small flat bed in front of the camper. Just extend the frame and the tongue. But just thinking outloud for now

Last edited:

Chevycrew

I have seen a few for a decent price that already have racks in the back too. You may find one already setup for the bike.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
With those big tires on the Scout I thought you would just pull up to a dip in the drive way and drive on but noticed you used ramps.

ChestonScout

The Scout would climb up there Im sure.

But diamond plate is slick. And if you look, my tires actually hang off the sides of the bed a little. Ramps are just a safer bet than ending up on my side in my driveway.