Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
You'll have to keep me updated on those brake lines, they look like a cake walk. Do they have a heat rateing on them?

They were VERY easy to run. I like them. I put rubber around them anywhere they make contact. I would shield them from any exhaust heat as you would with fuel line or any other line.

Here's where I got most of the info: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=643261

Almost at the end Shane! Looks great.:) So when is the maiden voyage planned for?

Thanks! Can't say for sure. I'm hoping in the next month or so.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Goitta love it when a plan comes together. To fire on the first try is EXCELLENT.

It is a huge relief! But to be fair, I've re-wired this same motor probably 4 times over the years. Each time removing more worthless dead-end wiring and hoping it still runs. :rofl:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
looking amazing but then again we all expected that :D
those brake lines are like a freakin' mind grenade

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
humm... that's some balls running plastic brake lines.... I just don't know about that one...

I would agree until a lot of info I've read and even handling and running them. The line is crazy durable. There's a photo on pirate where a guy's drive line broke and wrapped up his wiring and brake-lines all around it. After un-winding it there was no break in the lines. That was impressive.

These guys run it as well:
SZaQq.jpg

8NI1t.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Jesse Haines runs it, and had some issues at the last WEROCK event. :D

I'm sure you won't lose your brakes at teh top of Cliffhanger or anything though. :eek:

I don't know. For comp rigs they make some sense, any other app. and I would be leery just because if something happens to 1% of people, I"M that guy. :rofl:

What issues did he have? Seems like a lot of positive feedback from them. Who knows. I'll switch them for steel if I don't think they perform like they should.

Bucking Bronco

I ran them on a Sand Rail with no problems. There tested and rated for the pressure. You just have to be a little more careful about where you route them through the buggy.

Bart

I LOVE THIS BUGGY!

I would agree until a lot of info I've read and even handling and running them. The line is crazy durable. There's a photo on pirate where a guy's drive line broke and wrapped up his wiring and brake-lines all around it. After un-winding it there was no break in the lines. That was impressive.

These guys run it as well:
SZaQq.jpg

8NI1t.jpg

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'm not sure what problems he had, something requiring immediate attention and a 25min fix. :D

Those pics hadn't come up when I posted, but that's Jesse's ProMod rig... the one he had issues w/was the rear-steer Unlimited buggy.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
x2. So clean and simple looking. I'm excited to see what yours looks like with panels Shane. What color is it going to be?

I'm excited too. It will probably end up close to the same color as my last one. I've tried a couple different colors and I just can't get away from the burned orange.