Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
incredible job shane.

Thanks Steve!

That's gotta feel great being that close. The rig is looking awesome. Nice job Shane.

Thanks Bart. It's so close I have to stand and think about what to do next. Kind of a good but frustrating feeling.

Wow, way cool Shane. So close, its gotta feel good! My project still has no motor or drive train in it yet :( I'm jealous!

Thanks Tracy! It will be seeing some StG trails for sure. Get that thing done! :D

I LOVE the proportions. Looks very nice "dressed" out. How long 'til it hits the trail?

I really want to be hitting Moab in Oct as it's my favorite time to be down there. I think that might actually be a realistic goal this time.

Wow Shane you have slammed this out. Especially for being so far away. I'm very jealous :)

Don't be jealous about how much fuel I've wasted. :rofl: Thanks Chad!

man that thing is slammed! is that riding on the bumps? what will ride height be? incredible work!

It is at full bump right now. I love how low it is and I kinda wish I could retain that. I'm guessing probably 4-5" higher than it is now.

The belly is currently 16" at bump. Should be about 21" at ride, mostly because of the donkey kong tires.

thenag

Thanks Bart. It's so close I have to stand and think about what to do next. Kind of a good but frustrating feeling.

I really want to be hitting Moab in Oct as it's my favorite time to be down there. I think that might actually be a realistic goal this time.

Your work is awesome!

I thought I was the only one that was so close I will sit in the garage starring at the xj thinking "ok what do I have to do next" then mad at myself for wasting time thinking about it.

Our goal is an Oct Moab trip too, not that we will be on any trail you will be with that monster.

I was so excited to drive the xj this past weekend I hooked up a messed up pitman arm and drove the xj 30 ft or so with no cat or exhaust... so I am right there with you on that.

Of course I haven't updated my build thread yet...

Nathan
99 xj
build thread;
http://rme4x4.com/showthread.php?t=83436

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Your work is awesome!

I thought I was the only one that was so close I will sit in the garage starring at the xj thinking "ok what do I have to do next" then mad at myself for wasting time thinking about it.

Thanks Nathan! You'd think that in my free time I'd write down what needs to be done for the next session of work on it. Nah...

Our goal is an Oct Moab trip too, not that we will be on any trail you will be with that monster.

I'm really building this to be triple purpose: long-trip desert rig (not fast), crawler and zombie escape vehicle. It will be seeing all kinds of trails, not just short hard stuff... especially when the whole family is belted in. :cool:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
attachment.php

god d*mn that looks good. wanna come over and finish mine:p

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Looks like it will be a fun ride
I like it

Hmmm.......

Thanks! Getting any crazy ideas? :D

god d*mn that looks good. wanna come over and finish mine:p

I would if I had the time to spare. Tell you what, if yours is not done by the time mine is I'll be stopping by.

Damn. That thing sits as low as my little mazda3. Sick, sick, sick. Let go bounce it off some rocks!

Thanks Seth! Can't wait to hit the trails again with ya.

YOUKNOW

I'm really building this to be triple purpose: long-trip desert rig (not fast), crawler and zombie escape vehicle. It will be seeing all kinds of trails, not just short hard stuff... especially when the whole family is belted in. :cool:

I think I need one of those! Lookin good!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Lights
DSC08468.jpg DSC08478.JPG DSC08470.JPG DSC08473.JPG

I've heard success stories about nylon/plastic brake lines so I'm going to give it a try. I wouldn't recommend doing these if you use a boosted brake system, but I understand that they work awesome with willwood & cnc brake systems.
DSC08474.JPG DSC08477.JPG

Fuel routing behind the bench seat.
DSC08479.JPG

I also started it up today and bled the steering. Fired right up and runs great. :D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Looks good! What's up with the blue looping fuel lines? I mean, how are you routing them?

Carry on, sir!

On the upper bar, one is the feed line and the other is the vent line. On the right side (farthest away) is the fuel return line. It does look weird without context.

chadschoon

You'll have to keep me updated on those brake lines, they look like a cake walk. Do they have a heat rateing on them?