BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
What issues did he have? Seems like a lot of positive feedback from them. Who knows. I'll switch them for steel if I don't think they perform like they should.

I helped him get a compression fitting to fix the leak he had and it worked fine. He told me he was in a rush to get it back together and thinks that he accidentally pinched it under his seat. In his unlimited car he literally sits on the belly pan. Such a cool car and an amazing driver!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That ProMod Flattie is literally my favorite promod ever. Super clean! The Unlimited car has a bunch of really neat features tucked in there. Check out the front upper link mounts. :D Just the packaging on that thing, it's awesome.

Thanks for the explanation, I couldn't remember what the issue was.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Agree, great color choice. :greg:

I know you're a fan of that particular color. :D

I helped him get a compression fitting to fix the leak he had and it worked fine. He told me he was in a rush to get it back together and thinks that he accidentally pinched it under his seat.

Thanks for the info Beach. You're an experienced feller, what's your overall opinion on them? :)

That would imply the rig would actually leave the garage :cody: unless of course they're for emergencies when the power goes out in the garage and you're still fabbing :amy:

Gah I know. I'm doing the random final stuff while I wait on other crucial parts to come around. But yes, emergency lighting. ;)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I only had a few hours to work on it this weekend...

Evidence that it actually runs (crappy phone vid, horrible sound)
[YOUTUBE]A0ji2bRQLy8[/YOUTUBE]

Used an ammo box for a center console. I also have it drilled to accept a blackhawk retention holster inside the box if I decide to add it later. :D

IMG00767-20110731-1714.jpg IMG00768-20110731-1715.jpg

Routing the exhaust/muffler. Working out pretty well.

IMG00770-20110731-1716.jpg IMG00771-20110731-1716.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I forgot to make some important measurements after I weighed it last time I worked on it. This weekend I got those measurements and finished off a few more items on the checklist.

Stretched it out for measurements.

IMG00866-20110917-1918.jpg IMG00867-20110917-1919.jpg

Built a fairlead mount and finally finished off the firewall and center panel. Also got the trans shifter cable routed and hooked up.

IMG00869-20110918-1647.jpg IMG00870-20110918-1647.jpg

IMG00871-20110918-1832.jpg IMG00872-20110918-1832.jpg

Bleeding the air out of a brake pressure switch is a pain in the ass. Anybody have any tips on that? I pressure it and break it loose to squirt the air out but no matter what I keep getting a bubble in there.

I also need to get new longer hydro steering lines. My old ones are just too short and I don't like how I have them routed.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
re: those brake lines and issues, this from Jesse Haines' Stampede report:

At some point I hit the brakes and the pedal went to the floor. I couldn't get the brakes to slow us down at all, including the front/rear cutting brake. With a lot of hill in the next 10 miles before the remote pit we decided running the car in low range and compression braking would be the only way to stop the car. It got us back to the pits, but it slowed us down quite a bit having to keep the car under 30 mph.

Once we got the car back to the pits our crew did an awesome job finding the problem and getting it fixed up. A fitting had simply come loose and caused a pretty severe leak

so no real issues w/the lines, just watch those fittings i guess. ;)

chadschoon

re: those brake lines and issues, this from Jesse Haines' Stampede report:

so no real issues w/the lines, just watch those fittings i guess. ;)

Does jesse run them on his ultra 4 car though? I know on his comp car he does but not sure on the other car.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
that's a really good question... I'm not sure, and I didn't even think of that, actually. Great question! I'll ask him this weekend. You have me curious now.

good case for paint-marking critical bolts/assemblies. :D

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Someone just send me some old photos of our 2010 Moab Memorial Day trip. Starting to get the bug to wheel again. Let me know when your first trip will be I might just tag along.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I dig the old-school (now) Rockstomper fairlead. :greg:

I've had that one laying around for quite a while. :D

So when is the first run Shane? Looks really good.:)

Hopefully soon! It's driving me crazy!

Someone just send me some old photos of our 2010 Moab Memorial Day trip. Starting to get the bug to wheel again. Let me know when your first trip will be I might just tag along.

Bryson's wife, good times.

I got that same cd in the mail too. :D