Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
You know you can cut that perch in half right? I cut mine to the middle where the spring pin hole is

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
You know you can cut that perch in half right? I cut mine to the middle where the spring pin hole is

Yep, but no need. It's working out pretty well as is. :)

I didn't know your wheelbase is 114.5, that's pretty funny... I guess deep down I am trying to be like you. :ugh:

Overall, this chassis is also only 8" longer than the last one that was a two seater, which I thought was pretty interesting.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
How much up travel do you think you'll end up with in the front with that 4 link???

To be determined. I still haven't found my exact ride height. It does travel pretty far up right now before the upper links hit the chassis. I'll be using 14" FOA's on the front so I'll probably set it up for about 6" up / 8" down. Somewhere in that range.

I almost want to say that the front axle is at ride distance now, but it could change an inch or so in either direction, depending.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Here's how the front cycles right now. I have quite a bit of up travel before any interference. That could change depending on radiator placement and other things, but I do have room to work.

attachment.php

Attachments

• front-cycle.jpg
    front-cycle.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 401

chadschoon

That's exactly what mine will look like if do a 4 link. Just wish i could see it in person.Man why do you have to be building this in price ;)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
My blue 4runner was 114", and I really liked it. I don't remember what the belly height was, but I was barely legal from lowest part of frame to the ground. I want to say that's 22"?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That's exactly what mine will look like if do a 4 link. Just wish i could see it in person.Man why do you have to be building this in price ;)

I wish I had the room to be building it up here at my home. Life would be so much easier. :eek:

I can take more photos next time I'm down if you would like.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Also got a new radiator that is a perfect fit for my front end.

With those dimensions, it sounds like someone will be in the market for a dual electric fan from a Ford Contour. :cool: The measurements should be 24.2" x 15.8". Here's one on a 24x16 core rad:

2009-12-05120706.jpg