Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sounds like a very simple fix! Every time I've lost a brake line it turns in to an all day ordeal. Except for the time I pulled my hard line covered the nut with 2 layers of ziplock bag, the screwed it back in the mc. Put my old gum over that. Held the rest of the weekend. I like your way better though! ;)

That's the thing. Sucks that it happened and these kind of things happen with steel lines too... the icing was that the fix only took a few minutes! I have enough line to make any of the long runs between fittings, as well as extra fittings for parts and for splicing. Seeing the bubbles in the tubing as I bled it was really awesome too. I could tell when all the air was out.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thanks Brett! I hope some of the info in here has been useful to others just as other build threads have been extremely useful to me.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
WOW! That would be nice. I don't think any of my rigs have ever been "done". Congratulations

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
WOW! That would be nice. I don't think any of my rigs have ever been "done". Congratulations

It's not that it's "done", it's that I spent too much time building it and not enough time driving it since. Still in the honeymoon phase. :D

wallysheata

Herzog, you going to be at EJS, i'll be down there the 29th through the 31rst and would love hit up a trail with you!!! Last time we were out you had just finished the first buggy with the XJ driveline and i had a leaf sprung YJ on 37's :greg:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Herzog, you going to be at EJS, i'll be down there the 29th through the 31rst and would love hit up a trail with you!!! Last time we were out you had just finished the first buggy with the XJ driveline and i had a leaf sprung YJ on 37's :greg:

If a miracle happens, I'll be there. EJS is not looking good for me this year. If things change, I will certainly give you a call. I believe I still have your #.

Bart

Whether Shane makes it or not, I'd be up for a trail or so with you. I'll be there all week but will be tied up with Dirt Riot on Saturday.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Shane What brand are those square headlights? Are they bright enough at night or do you wish you had some more light?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Shane What brand are those square headlights? Are they bright enough at night or do you wish you had some more light?

They are hellas which I've had for a very long time. Pretty happy with them, they do good. I also have various small led lights under the chassis for night crawling. Not the brightest but I kinda like it that way for the slow stuff.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Finally got out for a little springtime leg stretching. Feels good!

Attachments

• IMG_20130406_143001.jpg
    IMG_20130406_143001.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20130406_143018.jpg
    IMG_20130406_143018.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20130406_143626.jpg
    IMG_20130406_143626.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 118