Tyson's 03 Tacoma Mild Build

zukijames

Sorry your having troubles that panos guy us kinda sketchy... Sold me a Lexus v8 and I'm having a heck of a time bolting it into my stock Sami mounts ;)

Jk nic is awesome!

Cascadia

Undecided
Haha. He's got it all taken care of. They are sending him an RA tomorrow and then they are sending me out a set of the real expo leafs. It'll be nice to just bolt them in this time around.

Cascadia

Undecided
I finally got my truck out of the garage today!! :D It's been sitting on jacks for nearly 2 weeks now taking up my spot and my wifes spot in the garage. I haven't gotten my money back yet for the wrong springs I got but I know I will get it soon so I bit the bullet and went up to Kurt's and got some OME springs, bushings, and bolts. On my way home I stopped by Davy's house and stole some shock tabs from him since he wasn't around. I actually left him $4 but that's all I had with me. His son called him and told him some guy came and took something out of the garage. :rolleyes:

I came home and needless to say, the springs fit perfect, they bolted right in. I did allpro's u bolt flip kit while I was at it which meant I had to weld on some shock tabs to the axle. That's why I got the tabs from Davy. I got everything on and done in under an hour and a half. Thanks Kurt for having some springs that would work and also Davy for having some tabs for me. We really have some great guys around that are always willing to help with info, parts, and advice. It's nice not having to order something and wait weeks for it.

I still need to do my front springs and shocks. Hopefully that'll happen later this week. Before the lift, I had a 1 inch block and the rear bumper measured in at 30.5". After I installed the new springs, and taking the blocks out my rear bumper measures at 33". I'm very happy with the stance and ride. Much smoother than stock. Now I just need to see how the flex and do at speed on some fire roads. I'll get some pics up tomorrow when it is light out.

sixstringsteve

I've never installed ome front coils, but if they're anything like my old cons, all I had to do was use the factory bottle jack between the uca and the fender.

Last edited:

Caleb

I've never installed ome front coils, but if they're anything like my old cons, all I had to do was use the factory bottle jack between the uca and the fender.

You may be able to rig something up, I remember them being quite a bit longer than my stock coils with a spacer. I tried many different things to get mine on, finally I broke down and bought a press and it made it a 15 min job. :)

Cascadia

Undecided
My buddy owns Kapps European auto and he's going to use his press tomorrow to put my coils and shocks together. Then tomorrow night I'll hopefully get it all done and together. Hopefully it's as easy as it sounds. I'm ready for it to be done. Then I need a rear bumper with some bed protection.

Cascadia

Undecided
Haha. Hopefully. I really want to go. Like I said before it mainly just depends on my boy (Stone) and weather. Don't want him sleeping in 0* weather.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
My buddy owns Kapps European auto and he's going to use his press tomorrow to put my coils and shocks together.

The place over by Rick's muffler with a bunch of Porsche's parked in front? Their cars look pretty neat, I bet they scoot around the block pretty decent also. I've asked myself more than once how the employees of a shop like that have such neat cars...

Sorry, back on topic ;)

Cascadia

Undecided
Yep, right next to Rick's. Most of the porsches are the owners. They race them quite often up in Salt Lake. The mustang and vette are a guy that works for him. He is 30 and just got married and moved out. Imagine how much further money would go if we were single and lived at home. His mustang is pushing 800 horse. If anyone on here has European cars I highly recommend gettin your work done by Sam at Kapps. He has beat everyone else's prices every time I send someone there.

speaking of Rick's, I need to head over there. I had to cut my exhaust off a foot after the muffler to put my new (wrong) springs on. It wouldn't have happened if I had the right springs the first time. Oh well.

Bart

Rick is the man for sure. I'll have to check out Kapp's. I've got a couple of dash lights on the Volvo that need attention.

Cascadia

Undecided
Here's a few pics of my Tacoma with the new OME springs on in the rear. I haven't done the front yet. I started to today but of course I have more stuck bolts so they are soaking at the moment. I have also picked up this shell in the last couple weeks and got it painted to match. I've never liked shells too much but I love them on Taco's.

014.jpg013.jpg015.jpg

It looks a little taller in person. The parking lot was barely sloped down towards the rear. I may need to put my 1" block back in once I lift the front but I guess we'll see.