Ultra 80 Buggy Build

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Seems to me like that would put a lot of stress on a radius arm. Something always hitting it trying to bend it. At least that's what I'm picturing in my head. Isn't that why bump stops are normally in the coil or right above the leaf?
the radius arm will be fine this is not a rubber bump it is basically a heavy valved shock to slow the travel of the suspesion it is not as hard on the suspension arm as long as it dosent bottom hard, the radius arms are tuff they can handle it

iamsparticus

i have the pics and vid but need a sd card reader to get it on my computer, my computer that had the reader on it died so i have one in the mail

iamsparticus

i dont know if they would fit my pass header is pretty close to the frame and then as you know you have the front driveline to worry about. Im coming down tomorrow to get those springs i will take a look at them

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
Man i cant believe that thing passes the safety tech to race. No floor or rear firewall? Duck taped and zip ties shock res.?

iamsparticus

Man i cant believe that thing passes the safety tech to race. No floor or rear firewall? Duck taped and zip ties shock res.?

Honestly i agree i took it there hoping to race but half expected to not because it was so unfinished, but in the words of my inspector "you have way more than most here". Needless to say i will have the floor and everything else done by next race. Oh and the shock res stuff was a joke but i didnt get my res tabs in time so we kept them they worked at least

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
All i can say is when it comes to safety you should have it all done. Is it worth one race that you yourself said you were not ready for? All it takes is one person to get seriously hurt because of lack of prep and a whole race program can be shut down! Not saying you have to have the most expensive parts or the fastest car to race and enjoy the sport. (i dont have near the best stuff) But i think safety should not be overlooked!

iamsparticus

All i can say is when it comes to safety you should have it all done. Is it worth one race that you yourself said you were not ready for? All it takes is one person to get seriously hurt because of lack of prep and a whole race program can be shut down! Not saying you have to have the most expensive parts or the fastest car to race and enjoy the sport. (i dont have near the best stuff) But i think safety should not be overlooked!

I agree i was talking with jerry from live fast play dirty motorsports today and im going to be putting a skid plate on my fuel cell and a firewall in front of it. I already planned to finish the floor and paneling as well as the tranny tunnel. Other than that i have all the other saftey equipment in place: good fire wall, fire extingushers, electrical kill all switch, 5 point harness, suspension seat, i have the proper tabs for the reseviors and so on. Saftey should be first for sure

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
Well it sounds good. Really any motor in low range revved to the moon sounds good! Now try it in a higher gear so you can get some wheel speed and see how much power it really has!

iamsparticus

Well it sounds good. Really any motor in low range revved to the moon sounds good! Now try it in a higher gear so you can get some wheel speed and see how much power it really has!
ive ran mine in high range alot it makes plenty of power the motor makes 200lbs of torque at 1000 rpms and its peak torque is only 260. that is from the factory torque and horse power chart