General Tech What did you work on Today?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Have you previously ran bibs?

Yeah. I did for a couple years, but quit because of the cost. I ran for a year on tubes without issue.. but this season got 2 dnf’s from flat tires, and It cost me a trophy 😭

The other issue I had was the difficulty getting bibs installed. Chad has agreed to teach me his ways and instal these for me.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Yeah. I did for a couple years, but quit because of the cost. I ran for a year on tubes without issue.. but this season got 2 dnf’s from flat tires, and It cost me a trophy 😭

The other issue I had was the difficulty getting bibs installed. Chad has agreed to teach me his ways and instal these for me.
Good call. Not the easiest install, but worth the trouble/investment. FWIW. I’ve ran a bib up front in all my bikes since ‘08, but have continued to run Bridgestone UHD tubes with a rubber rim liner in the rear with no issues, so I never did switch to a bib in the rear yet. Not saying this would be the case for everyone, probably just the “lacking in lbs.” guys. 😉

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
He’s no dummy. He’s guaranteed to get a better start than you every time. 😉

Chad went to expert also.. but because he has taken 1st in his class for the last couple years.

I just went up for the UMORA series to see what it would be like. Kind of hoping that riding with faster guys will make me faster for the USRA series

NYCEGUY01

15 years in a barn.. Little gas down the carb, checked the oil and it fired right up. I couldn't believe it.
Im thinking the super old gas in the tank must be pre-ethanol . It smells terrible, and seems to run fine...
Me and the old farmer I got it from just kinda stood there shocked as it sat and idled nice and smooth...

After it sat and idled for 20 min it hadnt sprung any leaks I locked in the hubs and shifted into 4-hi and I was driving through the snow covered field headed for the trailer...
May be the easiest old farm truck Ive grabbed.
I did almost die 27 times coming back from ID with it though....

I had planned on tearing it apart for the pieces but after lookin at it a bit and driving it Im thinking it may be saveable...

k302.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
15 years in a barn.. Little gas down the carb, checked the oil and it fired right up. I couldn't believe it.
Im thinking the super old gas in the tank must be pre-ethanol . It smells terrible, and seems to run fine...
Me and the old farmer I got it from just kinda stood there shocked as it sat and idled nice and smooth...

After it sat and idled for 20 min it hadnt sprung any leaks I locked in the hubs and shifted into 4-hi and I was driving through the snow covered field headed for the trailer...
May be the easiest old farm truck Ive grabbed.
I did almost die 27 times coming back from ID with it though....

I had planned on tearing it apart for the pieces but after lookin at it a bit and driving it Im thinking it may be saveable...

View attachment 144339
Looks like a Cab and Chassis? That would be a fun truck to play with.

NYCEGUY01

Yep, it has a 135.5" wheelbase and a little longer frame overhang than a normal longbed.
I think the current flatbed is 9'.
Needs front leaf spring bushings and I think possibly a steering box.
I thought it was just a real loose steering box but the leafs are walking back and fourth in the front mounts a little it appears.
It may get sold as I have 3 ongoing truck projects currently (besides this thing..lol) but if it doesnt go Ill leave it out back and get to it in the Summer. Ill probably keep it all together either way.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Yep, it has a 135.5" wheelbase and a little longer frame overhang than a normal longbed.
I think the current flatbed is 9'.
Needs front leaf spring bushings and I think possibly a steering box.
I thought it was just a real loose steering box but the leafs are walking back and fourth in the front mounts a little it appears.
It may get sold as I have 3 ongoing truck projects currently (besides this thing..lol) but if it doesnt go Ill leave it out back and get to it in the Summer. Ill probably keep it all together either way.
I bet you need a boat...