General Tech What did you work on Today?

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Had to do the spark plugs on the ole V10 because I was getting a check engine light due to misfire.... it was everything everyone talks about. Absolutely the worst. But it is done now and I never want to do it again.
Also randomly had a front shock blow in the last few days noticed by a large puddle of fluid in my driveway. 🙄
So I got to replace my front shocks as well!
IMG_2124.jpeg

IMG_2127.jpeg

The_Lobbster

Getting closer. Taking my time with the instructions so I don't screw anything up. I wonder how long it will take until I can first fire it. I quit tonight at the steps to start hooking up the computer and stepper motors.

I also modified a few things on the way, including dimpling the water hole cutout. The way they have it you'd still have nearly a 1/4" of water in the table not able to drain which was dumb.

View attachment 169115
That’s the same table my brother has. It works really well! I’ve been wanting to pick one up for myself.

1969honda

Supporting Member
Had to do the spark plugs on the ole V10 because I was getting a check engine light due to misfire.... it was everything everyone talks about. Absolutely the worst. But it is done now and I never want to do it again.
Also randomly had a front shock blow in the last few days noticed by a large puddle of fluid in my driveway. 🙄
So I got to replace my front shocks as well!
View attachment 169275

View attachment 169276
Did you have to do any coils as well? Not wishing you any bad juulju, but all of the fleet ones I've done recently required a new coil on the offending cylinder as well.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Did you have to do any coils as well? Not wishing you any bad juulju, but all of the fleet ones I've done recently required a new coil on the offending cylinder as well.
From what I could tell all the coils looked fine. When I started the truck back up the misfire seemed to be gone. So only time will tell.

JeeperG

I think the majority of the in cab wiring is done, now we'll move to the stuff on the outside which should be much easier, hopefully final test everything soon and then button it all up. Column and steering wheel back in after about 3 years. I did a lot of coffee drinking and watching
1000004909.jpg
Kick panels are done, just need headliner.
1000004895.jpg

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Thank goodness. I believed in you
Well, I was going to use all four, but then 1990 called and said they wanted their shocks back. So I gave them back.

HOWEVER, just this afternoon I was speaking with the owner of Fat Fender Garage ($$$,$$$ builds). He was telling me about an EB build they are doing right now. It’s in the $350,000 range. Four shocks on the rear axle are on the build sheet. So maybe 1990 is making a comeback. 😂

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I fixed the leaky shower fixture this morning, I figured it would take most of the day running around looking for the valves for a nearly 40 yr old fixture. But Englands had them. The fix went so well I went out and lowered the front end of my Jeep to level it out. It looks much better now.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have been seriously neglecting some upkeep on my RZR. I finally got around to changing all the fluids on it. Engine oil has been about the only thing I have done regularly so I also did the transmission and front diff.

A couple years ago the Rugged Radio chase radio I had in the van for Vegas to Reno lost its power supply so I pulled the one out of my RZR and never put it back in. I have been much more happy with the Icom stuff we purchased for UMORA so I bought a new radio and intercom.

IMG_0053.jpeg
While I was in there I decided to rewire the radio, intercom and GPS through a fuse block instead of off the bus bar on the firewall.
IMG_0055.jpeg
I installed some new LED in the cockpit and to shine into the bed and used waterproof connectors instead is solder and heat shrink.
IMG_0052.jpegIMG_0054.jpeg
Lastly at 9500 miles on this thing I have been wondering if I was starting to develop a motor issue since I have been dealing with an intermittent performance issue. I found where my misfire has been coming from. Looks like I have been getting water into the coil connection for the spark plug. Maybe she will be good for another 9500 miles.

IMG_0050.jpeg

Last edited: