What do I get for the next bike?

Cascadia

Undecided
I usually try and sell my bikes before anything goes bad. Saves me time. :rofl: But I have actually already put 48 hours on my 350 since mid February. So I guess I'll be spending some time on it...or just send it to Jesse.

Caleb

I usually try and sell my bikes before anything goes bad. Saves me time. :rofl: But I have actually already put 48 hours on my 350 since mid February. So I guess I'll be spending some time on it...or just send it to Jesse.

Funny enough, that's always been my mindset. Granted I don't put hours on nearly as quickly as you guys do so I keep my bikes a bit longer, but not wanting to rebuild a 4 stroke is always on the back of my mind :)

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Funny enough, that's always been my mindset. Granted I don't put hours on nearly as quickly as you guys do so I keep my bikes a bit longer, but not wanting to rebuild a 4 stroke is always on the back of my mind :)

Not wanting to rebuild another 4 stroke is why I am riding a 300. My YZ450F was close to $2k and I did all the work myself. It helps that the 300 is the best bike I have ever ridden.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Not wanting to rebuild another 4 stroke is why I am riding a 300. My YZ450F was close to $2k and I did all the work myself. It helps that the 300 is the best bike I have ever ridden.

Yeah exactly, my YZ450f cost me around $900 to rebuild the top end and I did everything. The only thing I paid for was to have the valve seats machined to match the new SS valves.

I love my 300. Rebuilds are less than 2 hrs and around $105 for an expensive hypereutectic Numura piston kit.

D

Deleted member 12904

A full rebuild on my 300 parts and labor was $1k definitely better than a 4t.

D

Deleted member 12904

Crank, bearings gaskets, piston it was like $700 parts $300 labor

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I've watched a few YouTube test videos on that TPI. It's cool, but I was hoping for direct injection. It's basically BRP/ Polaris' transfer port injection under licensing.
It's super rad still, but I think it'll have some teething problems the first couple years. The $1k price difference is a big deal, I think the simplicity of a lectron is nearly as good without the weight/ complication penalty.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Upgraded pegs is always a worth while investment! My KTM 990 Adv had massive Warp 9 pegs, they were so comfy while standing! Plenty of foot support and lots of grip.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Just before the Mesquite GP I had Jesse redo my forks with new seals and mud scrappers and some slightly different valving.
I think he hit the nail on the head with different mid valve and lots more bottoming valving.
Now I can finally run the compression soft enough for chop but not bottom so hard. It seems to stay higher in the stroke through mid size hits too.

Also I'm really loving this new front tire. I'll have to look up what I have but it gooooood and I've probably tried 12 different tires in the past 2 years.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Finally made the switch to bib mousses: I should have done this earlier.
I got a Nitro Mousse for the front and a used Michelin (from a friend) in the rear. I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about mounting these: yeah it's a little harder, but not that bad.

I'm conflicted about getting a new bike now after riding yesterday. I finally feel like my bike is dialed in where I like it, but I really liked the 2018 TX300 I rode sweeping part of the 2nd loop on the Sage Rider's National: it was so smooth! That new engine design with the counter balancer is amazing

Cascadia

Undecided
Man I haven’t been on here in a while. But oddly enough I ended up putting 150 hours on my ‘17 350 xcf. Bought an ‘18 350 xcf in January but didn’t ride it til March when I sold my ‘17. Already have 60 hours on the new one. 350 is my favorite bike but I would like to have another 300 xc also. 7775B286-DB77-4531-AD34-8E50EBE3FEDF.jpeg

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Oops ;) Made a trip down the St. George Friday night and picked this bad machine up then drove home Saturday.
I called everywhere and supposedly it's the 1st 2019 TX300 in the state.
I really like Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. It was less expensive (by a lot) for me to drive to St. George and back for a 2019 than buying a 2018 from anyone else.

2019 is a full redesign (other than the motor is mostly the same as the 2017-2018.)

The only bummer is that I think it doesn't come with a skid plate and I don't know if the 2018 frame is similar enough to make one work and the aftermarket hasn't released much for the 2019s yet.
IMG_20180630_122831.jpg
IMG_20180630_122841.jpg
IMG_20180630_122930.jpg