What do you do?

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I work at Fish Lake Resorts. In the summers i run the marina, whip peons into doing my bidding and maintenance. In the winter i work on my projects ( ambulance converted to rv, buggy) and dream how i will spend my next summers paychecks.

Beautiful area up there. My wife and I hadn't been to Fish Lake since right after we were first married back in the late 80's. We decided to go to Capitol Reef area this past summer for our 25th Anniversary and one of the days she wanted to take a drive over to Fish Lake. It was just as beautiful area as I remembered it. We went and walked around the marina and was surprised how few people were there. It truly is a hidden gem and off the beaten path, I wish more people knew about it. By the looks of it, they could use some revenue coming in. The lodge could use some attention.

Sounds like a great job.

Mike.

I work full time as a diesel mechanic... Really enjoy it.
My friend and I run a side business called Diesel Pirate, LLC which started out as mobile detailing and pressure washing for tractors and trailers... Which branched out to automotive, boats, commercial (buildings and construction), residential, etc. And now we have added media blasting to our list of services. We're on our 5th year of business now.

Side note: love it down by Fishlake! My parents live in Loa

crosbike

Beautiful area up there. My wife and I hadn't been to Fish Lake since right after we were first married back in the late 80's. We decided to go to Capitol Reef area this past summer for our 25th Anniversary and one of the days she wanted to take a drive over to Fish Lake. It was just as beautiful area as I remembered it. We went and walked around the marina and was surprised how few people were there. It truly is a hidden gem and off the beaten path, I wish more people knew about it. By the looks of it, they could use some revenue coming in. The lodge could use some attention.

Sounds like a great job.

Mike.

I agree with needing the money to renovate the lodge. Its difficult when we have so many cabins to maintain along with a huge old wooden lodge. Someday if some grants and fundraising come through perhaps. Im surprised it was slow when you were there tho. We had one of the busiest years ever last year. Everybody come visit and if im not beating employees ill show you around.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I agree with needing the money to renovate the lodge. Its difficult when we have so many cabins to maintain along with a huge old wooden lodge. Someday if some grants and fundraising come through perhaps. Im surprised it was slow when you were there tho. We had one of the busiest years ever last year. Everybody come visit and if im not beating employees ill show you around.

I will probably take you up on that offer. My wife would like to run back down there in a few months on a long weekend getaway. Haven't decided whether we will take the coach and stay in Torrey again or ride the bike down and stay in a motel in Bicknell.

Mike.

Mike.

KWight

I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. That means that I diagnose people with Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders, make recommendations for them to get treatment and occasionally help them get inpatient care if their conditions are bad enough. I have been a Quality Improvement Manager since 11/2014, which means that I oversee services over my company's 10 county area, audit client files and communicate with our managed care providers that pay for the services we provide.