Which rv/5th wheel solution for full time?

sixstringsteve

I connected with a guy on expo and drove his 4x4 e350 with a 6" lift and 35s. I'm in love. I'm 100% going to get one. My wife is as excited as I am.

Here's what I'm set on getting:

Must haves:
1997-2003 E350
7.3L
Eb (extended body/15 pass size)
Under 200k miles
Must have side cargo doors, no sliding door
No rust

Wants:
Preferred if it had windows all around
extra points if it's already got a ujoint offroad 4x4 conversion

I'll wait around 'till I find the right one. It's going to be tough to be patient, but it'll pay off.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Wow, that's a beauty. Out of my price range unfortunately.

I'm going to hold out for a 7.3L long body (even though the 6.0s had more power in the vans).

sixstringsteve

Whatever I find, I'm betting it'll be out of state, so a road trip is in order either way. Unfortunately that one has 400k on it. But keep 'em coming, you guys are great.

sixstringsteve

Considering it'll be my daily driver, and it'll regularly be hauling 7500 lbs all over the country, I don't want to settle. I'd rather pay a more now and get exactly what I want. Especially knowing my history of selling rigs I'm not super satisfied with, I want to make sure I don't settle.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Steve are you and your wife headed to the Outdoor Retailer show? I know you've gone in the past but while walking back from lunch today I spotted a ton of 4x4 vans. I wasn't close enough to see if they were transporting gear or if they were the display but I bet it would be cool to check out a bunch of different ones that are in town.

sixstringsteve

Here's a video of our van tour last night.

[video=youtube;NKeGEww0jgg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKeGEww0jgg[/video]

alwaysxj

one hot moma!!!!
I don't know if you have looked into this or not but what about the Chevy Express van? I don't know if they make them with the duramax or how the support is for 4WD like the Ford vans. I seen one just like this in Logan yesterday so it got me thinking. ***Edit*** looks like they do make them with the diesel. This one isn't 4wd but i am sure they are out there. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-E...tr=true&hash=item3cffc8309a&item=261989347482
KGrHqFHJB8E8fMw-NvNBPIzvIHzd!60_12.26105320_std.jpg

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I'd be game for a duramax chevy express. I'll need to do some research on them. All the 4x4 kits I've seen for chevies seemed kinda ghetto.