#yamaproblems : a rebuild thread

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Goodbye ugly plastics

Carb was dirty on the outside, but I was pleased to find it was quite clean on the inside.

And here is why the carb was leaking out the overflow

And of course I ruined the float bowl gasket when I opened it...

Clean.
Seems like Ammonia for the brass parts.
Hot soapy water with a toothbrush is the easier at home solution for cleaning the exterior of a carb that isn't too gunked up.

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Boring jetting stuff...

EBR suggestions at sea level with vp c12

2001 YZ125 450main fuel screw 2out 27.5 idle 1 gear49 BR9EG

5ET-1416A-00-00

FMF suggestions with an FMF pipe and 0-1500 altitude.
Main Jet 450
Pilot Jet 25 (I'm at 27.5 I think, It's super hard to read.)
Needle STOCK
Clip Position 2ND
Air Screw 1 out

I'm thinking at altitude the current jetting (at 32:1) should put me right where I need to be safely at first with the ability to go leaner later.
Apparently most of these 125's are single ring so the mixture needs to be at a lower ratio than my normal 50:1

Fully torn down. Draining the oil.

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Man you have a lot of energy, especially as cold as it is outside. Why don't you come help me rebuild the bottom and top end to my 300

I need a heater in there. BAD. Bring that 300 case over and I'll help you pressing in the new crank bearings with my press.

It'll be fun to compare the Cr and yz side by side.

Yeah. Red vs. Blue!

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Pressure washing this bike was a pain at 28*F today. A whole can of engine degreaser and a kitchen dish scrubber did the work pretty good.... but....Currently the water that didn't drip off the bike right away is frozen. Hopefully we get above freezing tomorrow.

This is slow going in the cold. Wheel spacers and axle blocks after cleaning. I'll be sanding these clean before they go in.

Last edited:

Tonkaman

I made the same mistake last winter when I was detailing the Honda. I pressure washed the bike in pieces at the car wash and they got stuck to the ground

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I made the same mistake last winter when I was detailing the Honda. I pressure washed the bike in pieces at the car wash and they got stuck to the ground

yeah I about busted my butt loading my bike because my ramp iced over.

New levers and exhaust coupler (this is an experiment: high temp silicone)

Exhaust O-rings and springs

Last edited:

Tonkaman

Tell me more about that coupler. It looks like a miniature intercooler boot. Is it actually made for this application? If not what is it for?