Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

We had a great ride last night. We had 5 RME members and one friend
We rode maple hollow twice, then it got too dark. It was a challenge, but a ton of fun.

sixstringsteve

I'll be riding up Lambert park tomorrow night around 6 if anyone wants to join. Boys, girls, fatties, skinnies, everyone is invited.

YOUKNOW

Had a good ride on my sixstringsteve tuned 29er! I was doing well until my front end washed out on Rush, and it was my first time with the clipless pedals so of course I laid it down pretty good. Looking forward to another ride.

Side note: where did you buy the lube that you used on my bike Steve?

sixstringsteve

The stuff I used on your chain was called tri-flow.

http://www.triflowlubricants.com/Tri-Flow_Superior_Aerosol_Lubricant.html

It's a great multipourpose lube. I've seen it at bike shops and at autozone. They have an aerosol spray, or also a dripper bottle, which makes less of a mess. There are better chain lubes out there, but for a one-size fits all lube/spray, it's my favorite. I love the smell too. For the lazy mechanic, it's all you need. If you want to get all crazy on your bike (I don't anymore) you'll need a good degreaser, a dry chain lube, and a good wet lube (phil oil, tri-flow, etc)

I just ordered a bike repair stand, so now I can do tune-ups a lot faster. If anyone wants/needs a tune-up, let me know.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

who's in for a ride tonight? I'm trying to decide if I want to go to PC to ride the dirt jumps or if I ride xc in lambert park. Anyone into dirt jumps?

sixstringsteve

I somewhat am. Everyone i'm in Moab I make sure to hit the dirt jumps on the west side of town.

hm... I don't know about those. I'll have to research them. Do you have a bike you jump on? I'm leaning towards PC tonight if I can find a friend or two to go with.

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm wanting to ride AF canyon tomorrow morning. Probably south fork of little deer creek but im not set on it. Anyone interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixstringsteve

I'm hoping to get a ride in tomorrow morning. I haven't found a trail up AF canyon that I like yet, so I was thinking Lambert.

TROKITA

I'm hoping to get a ride in tomorrow morning. I haven't found a trail up AF canyon that I like yet, so I was thinking Lambert.
i know some trials up in AF where ive seen mnt bikers ride, idk how hard it would be because i always go with my dirtbike but i have seen them. the trail is long to

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Timpenooke to salamander or to 157 is a good trail. 252 is what I have been rising. It has an awesome downhill from the ridge down to cascade springs road then a gradual climb to the summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Just got back from running the Crest Trail with my brothers who are much better bikers than I am so I'm glad I survived. Another trail my son and I like is the Strawberry Narrows trail that goes around the south end of Strawberry reservoir and ends up at the Soldier Creek Dam. You can even stop and fish if you want.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Ran a killer downhill trail in santa fe yesterday with redbulltj. i mistakenly took the opportunity to try out my new spd pedals.

i crashed...................

four times

:ugh: