Does this seem strange? (possible abandoned vehicle)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Not sure if this is the place for this sort of thing, but If you were a several miles into a trail and saw a 90's 4runner sitting on its axles in the dirt without any wheels/tires on it would you be concerned? It had a solid axle swap and looked to have had all the popular Toyota modifications. No license plates but no obvious signs of vandalism.. It was well off the trail maybe 50 yards in a clearing.

I'm trying to figure out why it would be up there with no wheels/tires and no license plates :confused: I won't post the location but whoever drove it there must have known a thing or two about rock crawling. Think I should report it or am I over thinking this one? Strange.

Andrew

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Did you happen to get the VIN or anything? I can run it and see if its been reported stolen

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
So what's next? Contact the registered owner?

For sure, I think Rot Box will contact the local authorities and let them know where the truck is, and the suspicious state its left in. Hopefully they will be able to find some good contact info for the registered owner

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
The last time we found an abandoned Jeep up in the Uintas we called in the identification information to the police in Heber and they asked us to come show them where it was (we didn't have our GPS). They were waiting for us and wanted the exact location which we gave them. It turned out the Jeep belonged to a guy that had been missing for about 6 months. He had gone up into the mountains in November and was never heard from again. The search and rescue dogs found his remains about a month later.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I slept on it and decided to report it first thing this morning. Hopefully it was the right thing to do.. :-\

If I hear back on anything I'll post up.

Houndoc

The last time we found an abandoned Jeep up in the Uintas we called in the identification information to the police in Heber and they asked us to come show them where it was (we didn't have our GPS). They were waiting for us and wanted the exact location which we gave them. It turned out the Jeep belonged to a guy that had been missing for about 6 months. He had gone up into the mountains in November and was never heard from again. The search and rescue dogs found his remains about a month later.

Good reminder on why to report!

Geepen

Saw two boys in canyon on memorial day playing in snow looks like front link was broke it did have sweet tires. Plate is looked in back don't know why they would leave it for 2 week without wheels