Hardline90's CJ7 RE-visited

Coco

Alright time for a little update. No pics tho, yet.

Got it all running, got the brakes done and bled, got the front driveshaft all figured out (t case end was binding at full droop, so we got the superflex joint in there.) got the plexiglass windshield in, got the soft top put on, seats, and seat belts all figured out. Pulled it out of the garage yesterday, and took it for a run around the neighborhood. I am told it is smoooooooth, and super nice (pops was nice enough to do it when I was at work, so I couldn't ride along :( )

Anyway, I'll get some current pics and stuff up tomorrow. And then it's off to crawlfest tomorrow afternoon!!!

Spidey

PM sent. You going to Crawlfest?

I think I'm out of commission for a while until I can get a 400, atlas and 39' krawlers. So budget wise I prolly wont be out til sept. But I would love to come sit shotgun and do some spotting on one of yer trips this spring. Hope everything works perfect on the new rig. Congrats!

Coco

Loaded up and heading out!!!

fd0f7e16.jpg

22245c29.jpg

Coco

Crawlfest

Well crawlfest was awesome!!! Lotsof excitment, and lots of fun!!!! I took a couple pics, and lots of vid on my phone (I will go through the vids and get them up hopefully tomorrow)

Well I am to report my dad is LOVING the new setup! There is a couple things he needs to change, and needs to get hi tires broke in, but other than that, he says he is loving it, and is very pleased with it. Here is a couple pics to hold you over until I get the vids done.;)

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

didnt get many pics, that is it of his jeep :ugh:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Well crawlfest was awesome!!! Lotsof excitment, and lots of fun!!!! I took a couple pics, and lots of vid on my phone (I will go through the vids and get them up hopefully tomorrow)

Well I am to report my dad is LOVING the new setup! There is a couple things he needs to change, and needs to get hi tires broke in, but other than that, he says he is loving it, and is very pleased with it. Here is a couple pics to hold you over until I get the vids done.;)

IMG_0510.jpg

didnt get many pics, that is it of his jeep :ugh:

That's a badass Jeep in the foreground. :D Hope to run with you guys some other time. Had a great time

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
QUOTE=mbryson;740118]That's a badass Jeep in the foreground. :D Hope to run with you guys some other time. Had a great time[/QUOTE]

It was a great time with a lot of great people. Anyone who didn't go just missed out and the weather was awesome!!!!

OK, now for the Jeep report..... The Jeep far exceeded my expectations for the most part. With this being a whole lot of firsts for me as a builder, (Wheeling for 15+ years, but first build of this magnitude) I have to say I surprised myself!!!! This is my first complete build and first time doing link suspension, so I have to say I wasn't sure what I would find when I hit the trail. There are things that need to be changed or just beefed up, but for the first time out I can say WOW!!!!

I was really worried about how the suspension would react on the steep climbs, would it sit back, roll over and play dead, hop around, be very tippy? After the first day, I had none of it!!!! It was the most stable rig I have ever been in and NEVER felt like it wanted to pick the front end up or get unstable on a wall. Even when hitting the "Wall of Doom" did it ever make me need to slam it in rewind. (The suck down is great!!) The tires were not impressive for the first trip, but I know they need to be broke in. I started the weekend at 6lbs and ended at 3lbs which got them starting to break in, but still need more. (I think a few trips around the neighborhood at 1lbs is in the future).:D

As for the changes: The rear truss didn't hold up. It is now bent like a pretzel and some of the welds are cracked, so it will be redesigned and beefed up. The bump stops I used leave a lot to be desired. They are only slightly better than a poly bump, but nowhere near as good as air bumps, so they will be replaced when funds come available. The springs where OK. The 125lbs springs were on the light side, but useable. I think if the bump stops allowed more travel, I would have found they were to light. So I'm thinking of 200 over 225lbs in front and 175 over 200lbs for the rear.

Issues: Front ARB is acting up and I don't like how wide the tires are, so going to try and get rid of the spacers.

So over all I would give the rig a B+ for the first time out. So now it is time to finish some things, change and fix some and break it down for paint before EJS. So stay tuned. Later, :greg:

Bart

Sounds like a success if the fix list is that small after the first major outing. Congrats and job well done.

Coco

Here you are on "Wall of Doom"
[YOUTUBE]-x4_jg5c3Vw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]l50eejBQD0Q[/YOUTUBE]

More to come tomorrow...

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
Sure, show the two I didn't make...... On the first, I ended up throwing the power steering pump belt. Tires were just not helping and to low geared, should have put it in second. I think the tires will do much better after they break in.

The second video was the first day with 6lbs in the tires, I did go back on Sunday with 3lbs in the tires and made that obsticle.:rofl:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Sure, show the two I didn't make...... On the first, I ended up throwing the power steering pump belt. Tires were just not helping and to low geared, should have put it in second. I think the tires will do much better after they break in.

The second video was the first day with 6lbs in the tires, I did go back on Sunday with 3lbs in the tires and made that obsticle.:rofl:

Here is a picture of you lining up on it Sunday and I will personally attest to the fact that you made it up.:greg:

IMG_0347.jpg

Coco

Alright here is more videos.

And yes you do make some of these obstacles! :p

[YOUTUBE]ZQZW_0Uz23Y[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]_VMx0JDy5PE[/YOUTUBE]