planning noob run part 2

sixstringsteve

I'm sure there are many who are more qualified than me, but if you're hurting for volunteers I feel comfortable teaching spotting technique for noobs. I've love to have a pro spotter demo this though so I could learn more from him.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Please excuse the random thoughts.

What topics are going to be covered? Here's an idea list of potential topics:

- recovery
- tread lightly training
- driving techniques for different obstacles (it'd be really cool if we had some different obstacles to try different techniques on)
- spotting
- basic vehicle modification for noobs - where to start with the modification of a vehicle (if it's even necessarry) - what each element does (lockers, low gears, cages, lifts, pros+cons, etc)
- safe hi-lift use
- list of trails to wheel in Utah, and their difficulty ratings

I also wonder if we want to have any land use groups/clubs there for new member registration like u4, brc, tread lightly, etc

are we still thinking of an overnighter? any ideas of where we'll be camping? PET, or 5 mile, MMP?

I definitely want to do name tags.

Greg, any chance we could get some RME stickers/shirts by then?

Are we limited to 20 rigs at MMP?

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
As always, I'm down to help with whatever. I don't know if I'm expert enough at any one category to actually teach. That said, I could probably handle basic modifications or a general class on what to expect when on the trail and trail etiquette, though the latter would likely be covered in a tread lightly class.

Otherwise, I'm happy to just do heavy lifting and act as a test subject.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
First and foremost... Tread Lightly. Tacoma or Skylinerider are you guys reading this? Would either (or both) of you be able to make it that weekend?

That is the one weekend I am unavailable sadly. I'm already giving a Treadlightly Lecture at the A.C.A. conference in Springdale.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
....Who else feels qualified to handle a portion of the event. I'll cover recovery, starting with a sit down basics covering the equipment options and selection and then moving to recovery scenarios on a white board (calculating recovery modes) and then we'll set up some scenarios.

Who else?

I would like to have an agenda fleshed out this coming week so we can really start broadcasting this.

I am available. Not sure what I'd "teach", but I can heckle almost as good as BC

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I am available. Not sure what I'd "teach", but I can heckle almost as good as BC

If I arranged to have a pile of cones arrive do you think you and Bart could setup a short course through the off-road park that focused on a few skill sets. I.e. choosing a line, off-camber, etc?

zac9898

I am in

I am pretty much brand new to this off roading world. I'm sure I'll be going with the thefirstzukman to the event, just let me know what I need to do to sign up.
Thanks
Zac

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I will hopefully be able to make it. I know I still have plenty to learn, I would love to participate with my rig but I don't want to take the opportunity from someone who is really new to the sport to have the chance. I know I will do my best to be there at least on Saturday.

Bart

The further south in the valley the better for me, if possible. Woops, just checked my calendar and it's the TeraFlex Meet N Greet in Lindon. Hmmmm.