rolled jeep...

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
The official photographer (YOU!) was at work, so I guess you're S.O.L. Just take our word for it, all went well...... :D

Mr. Bryson was the stand in Milner for this little adventure. You'll have to hit him up for pics.

Come on....Pics, How was it????

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I need to download my pics but it was neat. The actual winching required travel down some pretty narrow roads, we used my winch snatch blocked to the back of the Liberty, with Timpanogos hooked to the back end of me to keep me from getting yanked off the trail. BC hooked his winch to the front of the Liberty, after I was able to pull him ~40 ft up the hill, BC pulled his front end back onto the trail, jumpstarted him and he drove it out. We had 3 reps from Salt Lake City and the LEO for the Forest Service there to supervise. They were extremely impressed with out ability to make a fast low impact recovery and asked for our contact info so they could call on us again when needed.

I was happy to help Dave out, as well as get the rig out for the sake of the Forest. On top of that it was nice to travel a route we'll likely never get to travel again. :cool:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm just downloading photos, but my Vista machine is being a total pain in the arse. They're on their way...

Attachments

• Liberty.jpg
    Liberty.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 93
  • damage.jpg
    damage.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 85
  • mules.jpg
    mules.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 96
  • ontheroadagain.jpg
    ontheroadagain.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 89
  • hooked.jpg
    hooked.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Bart

Very cool stuff. Glad to hear it went well. Always nice to leave a good impression with the powers in charge. Congrats guys, wish I could have been there for moral support. GET THE PICS UP!

mbryson

Supporting Member
Here's another good one. What stopped Dave from running any further down the hill.

Oh, and most of the photo's are from Medsker's passenger (sorry, I didn't catch your name, but good shots!)

Attachments

• stopped.jpg
    stopped.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Sweet, good to hear the authorities liked it..

What's more amazing is that Spunky took work off.... for anything! ;)

Bart

I'm glad to see there was something left of that Libby. Up there that long and that out of the way is not a good combo.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
We had 3 reps from Salt Lake City and the LEO for the Forest Service there to supervise. They were extremely impressed with out ability to make a fast low impact recovery and asked for our contact info so they could call on us again when needed.

:

Awesome work, guys! This is the best part: meeting the FS and LE. Way to go!

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
You can not tell from the pictures, but that side hill Kurt and I were on was quite steep and loose. My mangina meter (high quality tilt meter) was showing 25 degrees (to driver side) where I'm tied on to the cruiser. It's a good thing Dave did not try that hill, there was nothing to stop him from a long hard roll on that one.

mbryson

Supporting Member
You can not tell from the pictures, but that side hill Kurt and I were on was quite steep and loose. My mangina meter (high quality tilt meter) was showing 25 degrees (to driver side) where I'm tied on to the cruiser. It's a good thing Dave did not try that hill, there was nothing to stop him from a long hard roll on that one.

That was a STEEP hill....That ought to give a little perspective. I think it was quite a bit steeper up the hill where Kurt and Chad were, though.

Attachments

• steep.jpg
    steep.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Wow. I thought I was grateful to all you guys before, just for giving me hope that I would be able to put this behind me at some point, but I really am at a loss for words as to how much this means to me. I hope that every time you pull someone out of trouble, whether their own bad judgment or weather, or the fault of another, they are as grateful as I am right now. I keep trying to think of something I can do to maybe make it up to all of you, but it seems like the only thing I can do is to make sure that whenever I see someone in distress on the road, or in some kind of need, to do what I can, however small, to help them out of that trouble. I seriously doubt any one of your will ever need help out of a jam like this one, but I sure hope all of you will save my number, and if you ever need help, please let me give it a shot. One thing I have plenty of is time, and I can't think of anything I'd rather do with it than help or just hang out with you fellows talking Jeeps. I realize that the Libby is woefully inadequate for most of the trails you run, but until I can either get a more suitable rig, or get the Libby up to snuff, I would be delighted to ridealong on some trails and become better acquainted with all of you.

As far as the Liberty is concerned, it seems to be tracking nicely. I didn't notice any pull or malignment on the drive home. I did overheat, as most of you are aware, on the last stretch back to the pavement, but it took two gallons of coolant, and I think I will need to check and see how that got out of there. Hopefully nothing too serious, but you never can tell. It got out of there somehow. Medsker was good enough to follow me most of the way home to make sure everything was ok, (thanks, yet again) and I was able to get the plastic fender re-attached with some wire, which should hold it until the new one comes in. I will have it in the body shop later this week to see what it wil take to fix that fender, and little bit of hood, but I will take a photo of it today and post how it's looking now with the fender back on (sort of).

Once again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the time off work (I heard a lot of complaining about that) the cookies and water (Timp) the expertise, the support, the hope, and just for being a great group of terrific folks. I can't remember when I have enjoyed meeting any group more, under any circumstances.

Best regards, and I hope to see all of you again soon.

Dave Wallentine

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Who's the disco duck?

attachment.php

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
oh, kind of funny story. My wife and I show up a few minutes early to get the jeep unloaded and ready. I pull just inside the first gate on the dirt road and unload the rig. This is in a high nose bleed section of town, inside a gated community.

So I’m throwing the last of the chains on the floor boards of the jeep and here comes a jogger down the dirt road and runs right by us … with a very unhappy look on her face. I jokingly say to my wife … well the cops are on there way now!

We jump in the jeep and drive the 2 blocks or so back down the hill and outside the community gate where Medsker and the rest of the crew were now waiting.

I’m not exaggerating, it was less than 5 minutes and here comes the first cop. He drives right through the gate and on up the hill. I decide I better run back up to the truck and explain what is up … that cop just disappeared. So back down we go. A minute or two later, here comes the second cop.

Now a stabbing in West Valley city may see a speedy 20 minute response time, but get some wild wheelers ready to invade a gated community and see how fast the cops get there!