Steve's Sidekick Build

sixstringsteve

Thanks Orvis. i've called on 2 of those. One is already gone, and the other wont' separate the tires from the wheels.

What tires are your sami?

sixstringsteve

I just snagged a used 4:24:1 sidekick tcase off Pirate. It came with a slip yoke eliminator too, so that saves me a TON of time and work, and a little bit of money.

Still trying to decide between elockers or aussies. I'd love to go with elockers, but the way the front link is set up, the hp elocker doesn't fit without modification.

Maybe I'll do aussies front and back, then unlock one hub when driving in the snow. then I'll at least have 3wd. Does anyone forsee that causing any problems?

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I actually loved my front detroit in the snow. I'm sure there's tons of variables with type of snow, surface condition under the snow (packed snow/icy/slick/concrete etc); but the few times I drove up Big Cottonwood with 2' of fresh snow before the plows it was awesome.

Chevycrew

Even if you just run the 58" wide rear housing, I would still do the ifs hub swap to get the bigger brakes and the matching width. Also saves the possibility of being hassled by inspectors.

5 pages before the build rig is picked up... gotta be a record

sixstringsteve

that's good feedback, thanks Sami. I imagine I'd be ok on the freeway/cottonwood canyons and be able to get up to the ski lifts allright.

Jesser04

I predict this thread will make it to 13 pages before it's picked up. Someone start another thread with a poll on it.

Last edited: