Steve's Sidekick Build

sixstringsteve

Had a strange dream about this thread last night. Is it weird that it's haunting me in my sleep?

That's the first sign that your head is going to explode soon. I had dream about this thread too, but it wasn't strange. Just like how this thread makes sense to me in my head.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

man, you guys are brutal. Chevycrew has at least met me before. So he's entitled to make fun, he's got first-hand experience.

Chevycrew

hey steve...

throw your projects off the mark a little, why dont you narrow that superduty 60 and put it in the tacoma? chop 6" from the passenger side and it will fit the sky's fullwidth kit. (drops perch width from 37.5 to 31.5) and overall with will be about 63"...

then a cab and chassis 14 bolt in the back with a width of 63"

You will have to redrill the front pattern.

Last edited:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
man, you guys are brutal. Chevycrew has at least met me before. So he's entitled to make fun, he's got first-hand experience.

So I guess this means when I get home in a couple months I'll have to make sure I go on a wheeling trip with you so I can earn the right to help increase the number of pages in each of your threads.

At least it's not too difficult to find usefull info while my head is preparing to explode.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
All I can say is steve actually builds, wheels, and post good infomation... yes he does change his mind a lot.. but when he settles on something it turns out great.

sixstringsteve

hey steve...

throw your projects off the mark a little, why dont you narrow that superduty 60 and put it in the tacoma? chop 6" from the passenger side and it will fit the sky's fullwidth kit. (drops perch width from 37.5 to 31.5) and overall with will be about 63"...

then a cab and chassis 14 bolt in the back with a width of 63"

You will have to redrill the front pattern.

I sold the taco already. That would have been a killer setup though. I'm committed to this project. I'm excited for it (if you couldn't tell, I did start a "build" thread a week before I had anything to build).

sixstringsteve

So I guess this means when I get home in a couple months I'll have to make sure I go on a wheeling trip with you so I can earn the right to help increase the number of pages in each of your threads.

Anyone has the right to increase the number of pages... it's just the amount of crap I can take from people I haven't met before... That's a right that has to be earned :D

sixstringsteve

I have pretty thick skin for the most part. i just don't want to be the running joke on RME; the village idiot. I know enough about labeling theory to know how that works...

I'm glad someone is getting something out of this thread other than me. I feel sorry for the poor soul who actually comes to this thread one day looking for tech and has to read through 20 pages of chit chat to get to one post of "tech." Oh well, their head will be exploding before they get to it, so they'll be put out of their misery soon enough. Can't say I didn't warn them on page 1.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Maybe you can put a note on your first post that Tech starts on page 25. :hickey::rofl:

that's IF it happens that soon :D

I'll probably make a PDF of my build with all my notes, so if anyone is actually interested in the work involved, I can just send them the PDF and they can view it there, without all the chit chat.

I just know I'm not capable of a build thread without 80% chit chat.