The Budget Buggy - Take Two

Coco

Yeah I am going to take a good hard look at it tonight/tomorrow. I still think I might have the room to leave that at ride height (which I want) and I have thought about notching the frame, or possibly even cutting the whole front part of the frame off, and making it tube. I am not quite sure yet tho on which route I want to take.

Greg, I dont :(

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Yeah I am going to take a good hard look at it tonight/tomorrow. I still think I might have the room to leave that at ride height (which I want) and I have thought about notching the frame, or possibly even cutting the whole front part of the frame off, and making it tube. I am not quite sure yet tho on which route I want to take.

Greg, I dont :(

Notching wouldn't be that hard IMO, don't make this thing more difficult than it has to be. ;)

No worries on the wheels, I find myself needing some cheap, stock 17's again. :rolleyes:

Coco

Got more done over the weekend, I got the frame notched, built the shock hoops, and got the front coilovers hung. Everything is still just tacked together to make sure I got everything right before I fully weld it. Back to original plan! It is sitting at ride height, and has all the travel needed to make it work the way I want. The upper link I am going to need to move to one of the other holes, but everything should still work. That is the only thing I havent fully checked. But if anything, I can put a slight bend in the link to make it clear.

I threw the mock up rental tires/wheels up next to it, and threw the hood and grill up on it just to get an idea of where everything will be sitting :D

sixstringsteve

Looking really good coco. Putting the tires next to a rig always gets me excited and motivated. Building a rig yourself is some of the best education you can get. Nice work and props for not cutting any corners.

Coco

Yeah the braced area has what is left of the reinforcement plate on it, and I do plan on adding some more tube to the area, and if needed, I can add an additional plate to the back part of the frame.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Glad you are doing a little extra work here and there such as the framing notching. You will thank yourself later on! Looking good Colton.

Coco

Thanks guys!

kungfu, the hoods and grills are made by Rawlin McGhie, goes by McGhie on here. Hit him up! They are sweet! I love mine, and it gives it a nice look.

Well I got a hair up my butt last night... You could say I got a little crazy... Haha.

Now to answer the question of "why?" the reasoning is because in the rear I would have needed to notch the frame to clear the coilovers anyway. The more I looked at the rear of the buggy, the more I didnt like it. So I finally made the decision to just cut what I didnt want out, and I wanted to tube out the back of it. So that is going to be the plan. I am going to tube out the back part, and tie it into the existing tube. Lots of grinding coming my way lol