Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Here I am pretending that I know what I'm doing with all this wire. :ugh:

It all works in my head, if DC wiring people notice any big mistakes, let me know. :D
2 fuse panels on the left. Below that there are two rows of power dist blocks. When I ordered them I thought they were all connected but it turns out that they are all isolated so I had to daisy chain them. Upper row is pos, lower is neg.

attachment.php

Switches in the short dash. Some of the wiring is done on those but I ran out of time for the weekend.

attachment.php

My fingers hurt. -_-

Attachments

• DSC08382.JPG
    DSC08382.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC08384.jpg
    DSC08384.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 327

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Wow, nice clean wiring! Bummer about the non-connected terminal blocks, that made a lot of extra work for you. :(

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
With the RME BBQ and a few other things going on I had to take a 3 week break from this but I finally got to work on it again this weekend.

Mostly finishing up the wiring. I still have to clean up some wires with loom & zip ties but it's probably 98% done. It's amazing how quickly the stock harness wires can make a mess of your neat wiring once you start integrating all of it. Ah well, still pretty organized and easy to trace.

For the fan, I decided to make it always on when the ignition is on. The switch is a kill switch instead of an "On" switch so I will be less likely to leave my fan off and over-heat. Happened often in my other rig. :homer-doh: So now it's always on with a high/low option.

Crappy phone pics. :)

Attachments

• IMG00601-20110612-1608.jpg
    IMG00601-20110612-1608.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG00600-20110612-1608.jpg
    IMG00600-20110612-1608.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG00602-20110612-1609.jpg
    IMG00602-20110612-1609.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG00603-20110612-1609.jpg
    IMG00603-20110612-1609.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 56

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thanks everybody!

Shane I have tons of 1/2 and 1/4 split loom if you need some.

I really like the spiral loom I started using. I always have a hard time getting that split loom over the wires. :eek: I may take up your offer though, I appreciate it!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
almost there shane, so where is the first outing going to be you think. might have to load up and come run with you guys.

So close! I still need to figure out my driveline situation, run exhaust & transmission lines.

Not sure when the first major outing will be since it's going to get hot soon. I'll probably do a few shake down runs this summer to really get it ready for some good fall 4-wheeling. We'll have to get in touch when the time comes! :cool:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Late night update from today.

Got the Inner Air Locks put in. First one was a PITA, the rest were not so bad. Just had to get the process down.

DSC08407.JPG DSC08409.JPG DSC08411.JPG

For future reference or search integrity: Inner Air Lock replacement tube size; 17 inch wheel
DSC08415.JPG

Mounted the tires up to take a look. Not to shabby!

DSC08416.JPG DSC08422.JPG DSC08423.JPG

To do list (mostly because I need somewhere to write it down)
  • Finish few random wire runs
  • Run brake lines
  • Make new gas pedal (hate the last one)
  • Make mounting bracket for electric radiator fan
  • Vent lines
  • Properly route hydro steering lines
  • Exhaust routing
  • Make new transmission lines to cooler
  • Finish cooler/gear rack
  • and some other various things.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
....and weigh it so you can order coils.

Looking gooood!

Ah yes. And I need to figure out my drive-line situation still. I've been putting that off.

thanks! I think it looks better in person. The photos put a weird perspective on it but either way I'm really happy with it so far.