TRUMP: Whats the real deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
2) Trump has stirred up unfounded fear of immigrants, legal and illegal, as part of his campaign stategy. That is morally wrong.

While I don't disagree that some of the goons with issues have come out of the woodwork with the new guy in the office, I will absolutely disagree that it is part of his strategy. I also really believe that the media has inflated the idea that there are more of these racist goons than there really is.

Houndoc

While I don't disagree that some of the goons with issues have come out of the woodwork with the new guy in the office, I will absolutely disagree that it is part of his strategy. I also really believe that the media has inflated the idea that there are more of these racist goons than there really is.

How can Trump's comments painting Mexican immigrants as "rapists", attacks on a US-born federal judge as "that Mexican judge" or wondering why we would want people from his "Sh...le" countries coming here (instead of more Norwegians) not be seen as racist?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
How can Trump's comments painting Mexican immigrants as "rapists", attacks on a US-born federal judge as "that Mexican judge" or wondering why we would want people from his "Sh...le" countries coming here (instead of more Norwegians) not be seen as racist?

Last time I checked, he said MS13 were rapists. The media spun it as him saying "Immigrants". I remember checking on that because I was surprised by it. I honestly think you should go to the source and listen to what he says. There's a LOT of context missing.

Houndoc

Sometimes a country really is a shit-hole, no matter who makes the statement. That's not about race at all, it's about a place where no one wants to be, like Bakersfield, or Pueblo.
My issue, as I stated above, was not with his description of those countries- while I may disagree with it we are all entitle to an opinion on any place- but when he took it one step further and questioned why we would want people from those countries in the US.

Jesser04

My issue, as I stated above, was not with his description of those countries- while I may disagree with it we are all entitle to an opinion on any place- but when he took it one step further and questioned why we would want people from those countries in the US.

That’s a valid question. Why is it every important that effects others in our life we are heavily vetted jobs, loan, coaching my sons little league team and on and on but immigration we should blindly let people in? I had to get finger printed and a back ground check to chaperone my kids fieldtrip.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!

I know you see it as racist, perhaps take a step back and look through the lens of, Does this make the USA stronger? Perhaps it really isn't because we hate those outside the wall, but because we love those inside.

Some have so much hatred in their hearts for Trump, they automatically jump to the worst possible assumptions about anything he says.

Houndoc

@Noahfecks, what reason is there to say that immigrants from Africa or Haiti (the main countries of Trump's reference) would not make us a better country? Having many friends in Africa and having traveled in multiple African nations, I can say they are among the hardest working and kindest people I have met in any of my travels. Yes, they would make the US a better place.

@Jesser04, if you follow all my comments, I have been suggesting all along an increased in legal immigration- which does exactly what you describe of allowing proper vetting and background checks.

Jesser04

@Houndoc you support legal immigration but what are your plans for the “rapists and drug dealers” that don’t pass the proper vetting and background checks? I’m open to ideas but the current situation is not working. For the record I’m 100% on board with you as long as we build the wall. Sounds like a good compromise to me. I’ll even go out on a limb and say my man trump would be on board also.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I think we all agree that something needs to be done and it depends on congress not President Trump. As far as I am concerned the congress is the bad guys because the problem has been before them for at least 40 years that I know of and President Trump is doing his duty to bring it to a conclusion.

Houndoc

Wall/fence whatever we want to call it does have its use in some areas. I don't disagree with that. But unfortunately the call for the wall is distracting for other aspects of border security and immigration reform that I believe will be quicker to implement and have more of an impact.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Wall/fence whatever we want to call it does have its use in some areas. I don't disagree with that. But unfortunately the call for the wall is distracting for other aspects of border security and immigration reform that I believe will be quicker to implement and have more of an impact.

Is it the call for the wall, or the vehement opposition that is distracting from the real problem?

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
As long as something gets done.

Houndoc

Is it the call for the wall, or the vehement opposition that is distracting from the real problem?
The obsession with the wall, whichever side of the debate you are on.
Personal view is we need to drop the wall discussion, get budget passed to reopen government then deal with the wall and border security as a separate policy issue. Even if is approved isn't something that gets built overnight so a few more months of debate aren't going to hurt.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
Perhaps some don't understand, there is no pass a budget and debate later. The Trumpster is finally asking the other side to make a compromise and follow through. Since the Simpson-Mizzoli act of 1986 it has been just pass this and we will debate immigration later, just pass this and we will debate later, and on, and on, and on.......until you end up where we are today. It's time to stop kicking the can down the road.

Bat sh!t crazy Nancy and Chucky have made it clear they are unwilling to make ANY compromise now, why would they be willing to compromise later when the Trumpster holds no leverage? it's this lack of willingness to compromise at all that has created this absolute situation.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Perhaps some don't understand, there is no pass a budget and debate later. The Trumpster is finally asking the other side to make a compromise and follow through.

That is exactly how we ended up with Obamacare. "We'll have to pass it to find out what's in it." -Nancy Pelosi

Bat sh!t crazy Nancy and Chucky have made it clear they are unwilling to make ANY compromise now, why would they be willing to compromise later when the Trumpster holds no leverage? it's this lack of willingness to compromise at all that has created this absolute situation.

It's clear to me that their obstructionist stance is more about stopping Trump succeed than helping Americans and illegal aliens alike... We all saw what Pelosi turned down on Saturday, right? She spat on Trump's new offer before he even had the chance to deliver it to the American people. It seems that Pelosi and gang are hanging themselves with all of the rope that Trump is providing them.

ID Bronco

Perhaps some don't understand, there is no pass a budget and debate later. The Trumpster is finally asking the other side to make a compromise and follow through. Since the Simpson-Mizzoli act of 1986 it has been just pass this and we will debate immigration later, just pass this and we will debate later, and on, and on, and on.......until you end up where we are today. It's time to stop kicking the can down the road.

His recent offer gives them nearly all of the things they have ever wanted except what they really want.....unsecured borders, amnesty so they get 11 million new largely low income, welfare recipient voters of all colors, races and nationalities.

This should show their true colors to anyone who is watching. I think that's why Trump offered it in the first place.

Question: Which president has done the most for minorities in the last 30 years?

Right now, African American and Hispanic unemployment is at an all time low. Under what president?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Question: Which president has done the most for minorities in the last 30 years?

Right now, African American and Hispanic unemployment is at an all time low. Under what president?

Just a part of the Great Awakening! The democrat party was and always has been the party of the KKK. They were the party of the confederacy during the civil war. They tried to rewrite the the facts and made up some bullshit story about a "party flip". They even have websites like "politifact" setup to try to "debunk" these historical facts.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...t_racist_history_of_the_democratic_party.html

This is happening: https://blexit.com/

ID Bronco

Just a part of the Great Awakening! The democrat party was and always has been the party of the KKK. They were the party of the confederacy during the civil war. They tried to rewrite the the facts and made up some bullshit story about a "party flip". They even have websites like "politifact" setup to try to "debunk" these historical facts.

Much of that was shown in Dinesh Desousa's film too. Throw out a lie so huge no one will believe it could possibly be a lie.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...t_racist_history_of_the_democratic_party.html

This is happening: https://blexit.com/

Good for them! I am always blown away that a city like Chicago, or Detroit cannot look at it's current situation and realize that over 30 years of Democrat control hasn't helped them get out of poverty, helped them find a "way out", or done anything but keep them in a dependent state.

Wouldn't you try something else out of desperation instead of doing the same thing over and over, and over?

Status
Not open for further replies.