Ultra 80 Buggy Build

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
If this was the absolute strongest and best way to build an entire chassis, then how come every single fabricator that builds ultra4, p2 prolites and p4 cars and trophy trucks isn't building them this way? Look at every single build on pirate and race desert and tell me they're all strictly built with miters. They're not! And I'm sure that's for a reason. Not just for fun. If you can't take a little constructive criticism then don't post a build thread on any forum. And what makes you more of a "pro" than anybody else? I know for a fact some of these people have built way more rigs than you, so that makes them just as.... actually more qualified, than you.

On a side note, I can't wait to see the finished product:D

im sorry but do i know you? You oviously have no idea how many rigs i have build from the ground up. i have seen lots of miter only chassis out at lucas oil races and have talked with the builders, and what makes me more qualifed if i do this for a living, ive done my research and have sat at the feet of professionals and learned. And i never said this was the strongest, nor the best way to build a chassis just another great way to. Any more constuctive critisim is welcome :)

muleskinner

Interesting design, I'm interested in seeing the finished product.

I have 500' of tube and a bender sitting in my garage, but after seeing this video I promptly bought me a Trent Fab 4 seater chassis:cool:

[video=youtube_share;aPTPIhVsEKg]http://youtu.be/aPTPIhVsEKg[/video]

[video=youtube_share;fxBViq6e3hU]http://youtu.be/fxBViq6e3hU[/video]

UFAB

How goes the shifter and ECM fuel management. Any luck.

Is that a VSS driven trans and engine?

Curious in how the exhaust will purr..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

iamsparticus

the shift i havent touched need my adapter first then i will make the floor and tunnel and shift all t once. i have the main computer to take care of the tranny and engine and i used push lock hose and a really nice pump from napa to take care of fuel delivery. The exhaust will be two down pipes and a glasspack muffler so it will be loud no doubt

comingdown

I'm fairly confident that those you are referring to can "do" very well...

Yeah, since this approach always ends so well...:rolleyes:

Man, I don't plan on being in this thing if/when it rolls, he will be. if he trusts it, then why does it matter? There is more then one way to skin a cat. All I'm saying is if you have anything that is helpful, then let him hear it. if not, keep it to yourself and move on.

iamsparticus

just for reference for colton, Cjncustoms and anyone else who keeps referencing that i somehow said that miter joints are stronger, better or the only way to go, go read the thread again i nowhere said that at all, i have build lots of cages/chassis with bent tube. Bent tube works great but i wanted to try something different. Ill tell everyone this, when im done you can come down to my shop ill have a bbq going and you can take a look at every detail. Then you can give me all your critisims on the design bu,t until then just watch and see, this will be solid as a rock when im done

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Moderator Notice: Constructive criticism is always OK and encouraged in General & Tech, but please no personal attacks or outright bashing. :cool:

zukijames

Stupid photobucket that's 3 times in 2 days but about the fuel cell I ment with the sump thing and pickups in the front.( I think your cell is just like mine but can't remember for sure )

the link was how to wire a 1uz

cjncustoms

im sorry but do i know you? You oviously have no idea how many rigs i have build from the ground up. i have seen lots of miter only chassis out at lucas oil races and have talked with the builders, and what makes me more qualifed if i do this for a living, ive done my research and have sat at the feet of professionals and learned. And i never said this was the strongest, nor the best way to build a chassis just another great way to. Any more constuctive critisim is welcome :)

I'll retract my previous statement about it being the best or the strongest way and admit that you didn't say that. My bad. Out of respect to the moderators and the forum I'll bite my tongue on the rest;). Once again I'm looking forward to the finished product. Carry on!

iamsparticus

I'll retract my previous statement about it being the best or the strongest way and admit that you didn't say that. My bad. Out of respect to the moderators and the forum I'll bite my tongue on the rest;). Once again I'm looking forward to the finished product. Carry on!

thanks

iamsparticus

yeah for now it will have the stock steering pump and box, later i will add a hydro ram. i have the ram and lines i just need to buy the orbital and column

Coco

My apologies. You did not say they were stronger, you said "very strong" and I took it as stronger. I apologize, and will keep my comments to myself. I do look forward to seeing it finished either way. :)